Here’s my meatless version of classic chicken noodle soup, made with chickpeas instead of chicken! This soup is exactly what I want to eat when I’m feeling under the weather or craving some familiar, comfort food flavors.
It seems like everyone has caught at least one cold this winter season, me included. As a longtime vegetarian, I haven’t eaten chicken noodle soup in years.
Every time I get sick, I wonder why I don’t have a restorative soup recipe, but don’t have the energy to figure it out. Eventually, I get well again and move on to more exciting meals. So it goes.
We finally broke the cycle and I’m excited to share this recipe with you today. It’s the perfect meal to bring to your friend who isn’t feeling well, and it’s simple enough to pull together if you’re not feeling well yourself.
- Hetty McKinnon's chickpea and kale shakshuka recipe March 22, 2019If you’re in a food bind, make like the Sydney-turned-New York cook and try breakfast for dinner with this easy egg dish By now, many people know the […]
- Now open: A North Side San Antonio Lebanese restaurant Mr. Chickpea serves up Mediterranean flavors March 21, 2019Need a healthful and refreshing bite of the Mediterranean? A new North Side restaurant has you covered. Mr. Chickpea has opened in the shopping plaza […]
- Juliana Goodwin: Chickpea is rich in fiber and protein March 20, 2019Chickpeas are a great pantry staple. I keep them on hand most frequently to whip up hummus, but chickpeas are also great in salads, side dishes and se […]
- Tomato and chickpea curry March 19, 20191. In a hot frying pan gently toast the cumin, coriander, fennel, mustard, cardamom, cloves and star anise until fragrant. 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan […]
- Pulse Ingredients Market: Chickpea Segment Contributes Massively to the Growing Size of the Industry - TMR March 18, 2019Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/18/2019 -- Pulse ingredients have been gaining grounds globally with the increasing demand for gluten-free vegetarian and […]