Here’s my meatless version of classic chicken noodle soup, made with chickpeas instead of chicken! This soup is exactly what I want to eat when I’m feeling under the weather or craving some familiar, comfort food flavors.
It seems like everyone has caught at least one cold this winter season, me included. As a longtime vegetarian, I haven’t eaten chicken noodle soup in years.
Every time I get sick, I wonder why I don’t have a restorative soup recipe, but don’t have the energy to figure it out. Eventually, I get well again and move on to more exciting meals. So it goes.
We finally broke the cycle and I’m excited to share this recipe with you today. It’s the perfect meal to bring to your friend who isn’t feeling well, and it’s simple enough to pull together if you’re not feeling well yourself.
- The healthiest food at Starbucks is hiding in the checkout aisle May 20, 2019Framing the long lines are bags of Hippeas chickpea puffs, Emmy’s Organics vegan cookies, and Peter Rabbit Organics fiber-rich squeeze packs. Basicall […]
- Accounting for soil moisture improves prediction of flowering time in chickpea and wheat May 17, 2019Matching crop phenology to environment is essential to improve yield and reduce risk of losses due to extreme temperatures, hence the importance of ac […]
- Yotam Ottolenghi’s halibut with spiced chickpea and herb salad May 13, 2019Step 1 Marinate the fish and chickpeas: in a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients together with the lemon zest. Add 2½ tablespoons of marinade to […]
- Yotam Ottolenghi’s spiced halibut with spinach and chickpea stew May 13, 2019Step 1 Marinate the fish and chickpeas: in a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients together. Add 2½ tablespoons of marinade to a bowl with the h […]
- Lunchbreak: Chickpea Flatbread with Vegan Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes May 13, 2019In a large bowl, mix together the chickpea flour, water, sea salt, olive oil and any optional spices with a whisk until well combined. Let rest while […]