Cherupayar Thoran Recipe is one of the comforting side dish from Kerala made using green gram. Typically, rice porridge (Ganji), Cherupayar thoran, pickle and ghee make one lip smacking meal. Its healthy, tasty and very easy to make. You can even eat it as a snack also during your tea time break.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Thoran Recipes which you can serve as a South Indian meal:
- Harvesting grain, making memories April 13, 2018This year, Viswanathan is planning to celebrate Vishu at her home in Singapore by making a cherupayar (split mung bean) payasam. In Tamil Nadu, Puthan […]
- 10 dishes that will warm your heart and leave you with #BharPetPyaar November 1, 2017If yours is not on the list, do let us know what it is, and what makes it so special. From Dal Makhni in the north to Cherupayar (green moong) Curry i […]
- Onam 2017 recipes: Three delicious easy recipes to add flavour to your Onam celebrations September 4, 2017as a garnish to dot over the payasam once it is about to be served. Recipe 3: Cherupayar Payasam This is a more complex payasam compared to the other […]
- How this Matar Qadeem eatery offers Doha’s cheapest South Indian meal and other things May 6, 2017“In the morning we serve dosa, masladosa, idiyappam, porotta with cherupayar, kadala, mutton and beef curries. Egg roasts and keema also have followin […]
- Kudos to this Kannur school for its lovely act on hartal day January 19, 2017Soon after 1 o'clock, teachers went around the two venues and informed people that kanji (rice porridge) and cherupayar (green gram) curry were r […]