Yes, my friends, while it may be the ugliest recipe ever on this channel, it'll be perfect for slurping down during the final episode of Game of Thrones. As our joy turns to ashes, at least we'll have a Bowl O Brown; Warmer of souls, Breaker of hunger.
All jokes aside, this soup is actually really delicious, easy to make and nutritious. Instead of mystery meat and thin broth (as the Flea Bottom specialty is said to be), this vegan Bowl o' Brown is hearty, satisfying and made with wholesome lentils. Save time by using vegetable bouillon paste instead of spending hours making stock from scratch and just use veggie odds and ends to round things out.
✨ Become a channel member for early access + exclusive community posts!✨
—VEGAN BOWL O' BROWN RECIPE—
1/2 small onion
1 small carrot
1 small stick celery
4 large crimini mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 x 540ml (18oz) can lentils (or 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed and drained)
1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon paste, powder or granules (or use 1 1/2 cubes)
3 cups water (or more as desired)
2 – 3 teaspoons lemon juice or red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
NOTE – if you're using uncooked lentils to start, add 1 1/2 cups of extra water and simmer the soup longer than the 10 minutes called for. Cook until the lentils are soft.
Printable recipe link coming soon.
Sansa's Vegan Lemon Cakes:
Vegan…But Is it Good?: coming soon
—–SHOP MY FAVES*—–
AUDIBLE 30 DAY TRIAL + 2 FREE BOOKS:
My recommendation: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
VITAL WHEAT GLUTEN:
—–KEEP IN TOUCH—–
*Some links are affiliate links. This means I'll earn a small commission if you make a purchase through the link at no extra cost to you. This helps me buy supplies to make more videos so thank you!
In particular, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Some links on this site may lead to Amazon.com or other Amazon sites.
- Notable NFL Players to Keep an Eye on in 2019 OTAs May 18, 2019The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback missed his team's historic Super Bowl run at the end of the 2017 ... and new Miami offensive coordinator Chad […]
- Natalie Portman Looks Unrecognizable With a Bowl Cut May 17, 2019Off screen, she typically sticks with the same chocolate brown color and a clavicle-grazing bob is about ... her portrayal of former astronaut Lisa No […]
- Penn State Football: Expect Cam Brown to End LBU’s NFL Draft Drought May 16, 2019Then there was LaVar Arrington, selected No. 2 overall in 1999 draft, joining Conlan, Ed O’Neil (1974 ... Lee and Bowman all earning Pro Bowl status. […]
- Predicting the Top 10 Offenses in College Football in 2019 May 16, 2019If that O-line can keep his jersey a little cleaner this year, Alabama might average 50 points per game. Key Players: Oklahoma lost one hell of a QB-W […]
- 5 'rookie redshirts' we're most excited to see in Year 2 May 15, 2019New England Patriots OT Isaiah Wynn Imagine suffering a season-ending ruptured Achilles in your first preseason, only to see your team win the Super B […]