Yes, my friends, while it may be the ugliest recipe ever on this channel, it'll be perfect for slurping down during the final episode of Game of Thrones. As our joy turns to ashes, at least we'll have a Bowl O Brown; Warmer of souls, Breaker of hunger.
All jokes aside, this soup is actually really delicious, easy to make and nutritious. Instead of mystery meat and thin broth (as the Flea Bottom specialty is said to be), this vegan Bowl o' Brown is hearty, satisfying and made with wholesome lentils. Save time by using vegetable bouillon paste instead of spending hours making stock from scratch and just use veggie odds and ends to round things out.
✨ Become a channel member for early access + exclusive community posts!✨
—VEGAN BOWL O' BROWN RECIPE—
1/2 small onion
1 small carrot
1 small stick celery
4 large crimini mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 x 540ml (18oz) can lentils (or 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed and drained)
1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon paste, powder or granules (or use 1 1/2 cubes)
3 cups water (or more as desired)
2 – 3 teaspoons lemon juice or red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
NOTE – if you're using uncooked lentils to start, add 1 1/2 cups of extra water and simmer the soup longer than the 10 minutes called for. Cook until the lentils are soft.
Printable recipe link coming soon.
Sansa's Vegan Lemon Cakes:
Vegan…But Is it Good?: coming soon
—–SHOP MY FAVES*—–
AUDIBLE 30 DAY TRIAL + 2 FREE BOOKS:
My recommendation: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
VITAL WHEAT GLUTEN:
—–KEEP IN TOUCH—–
*Some links are affiliate links. This means I'll earn a small commission if you make a purchase through the link at no extra cost to you. This helps me buy supplies to make more videos so thank you!
In particular, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Some links on this site may lead to Amazon.com or other Amazon sites.
- Each NFL team's biggest Hall of Fame snub July 22, 2019Lewis was named to the Pro Bowl and selected All-Pro in only one season ... including the short-but-brilliant career of Jim Brown, the best running ba […]
- 2019 Colts Training Camp Preview: AFC South Rivals July 22, 2019Back to earth: The Jaguars in 2017 enjoyed their best season in franchise history, getting within one quarter of advancing to the Super Bowl and featu […]
- 10 Training Camp Questions: How long will the offensive line stay healthy? July 22, 2019In the last two years players like Pro Bowl stalwarts Brandon Scherff and Trent Williams have ... contract talks and the unnerving Trent Williams hold […]
- Twenty-one events that took the Browns from laughingstock to playoff contenders in their 21st season July 21, 2019Now they are considered on some fronts to be favorites to win the AFC North division, third-favorites to win the AFC Championship, and fifth-favorites […]
- C-USA Media Days Notebook: 2019 West division story lines after Media Days July 19, 2019The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs celebrate after defeating the Hawaii Warriors in the Hawaii Bowl, their fifth straight bowl victory ... The good news is A […]