- Zappos’ New Vegan Category Help Shoppers Find Cruelty-Free Apparel November 13, 2019This week, online retailer Zappos launched Goods for Good, a purpose-driven platform that helps shoppers buy products that align with their ethical beliefs. Shoppers can now navigate the website through five filters: Vegan, Sustainably Certified, Organic, Recycled, and Give Back (products with a charitable component). In the vegan category, customers will find shoes, accessories, and […]
- Billie Eilish Offers Chance to Win Free Concert Tickets to Fans Who Take Climate Action November 13, 2019Vegan musician Billie Eilish is offering her fans a chance to win tickets to her sold out Where Do We Go tour through a partnership with Global Citizen, a community-led platform that rewards members for taking action on global issues. Take action for a more sustainable world with @GlblCtzn and win tickets to see Billie […]
- Burger King Is Testing Three More Meatless Burgers at 180 Locations November 12, 2019Starting this week, fast-food chain Burger King will add three more meatless burger options to its menu in 180 test locations in Milwaukee, WI, Cedar Rapids, IA, Augusta, GA, Cincinnati, OH, and Buffalo, NY. After a successful trial period in St. Louis, MO earlier this year, Burger King expanded the meatless Impossible Whopper to all […]
- America’s Biggest Milk Producer Files for Bankruptcy November 12, 2019Today, Dallas-based dairy giant Dean Foods—the largest producer of dairy milk in the United States—filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The company plans to use the Chapter 11 proceedings to continue operating and address its debt as it seeks to sell the company. It has secured $850 million in debtor-in-possession financing—a type of funding for […]
- Dairy Cheese Brand Creates Plant-Based Department November 12, 2019Thirty-year-old dairy cheese producer Whitehall Specialties recently created a new division of its company that focuses specifically on plant-based products. The Newfields division—which debuted at trade show SupplySide West Show in Las Vegas, NV—specializes in a range of high-protein, plant-based cheese alternatives made from natural plant protein sources. The products include plant-based cheddar, Gouda, mozzarella, […]
- New Program Helps Struggling Chicken Farmers Convert to Plant-Based Crops November 12, 2019Today, animal-rights group Mercy For Animals (MFA) announced the launch of the Transfarmation Project, an initiative that will help struggling chicken farmers exit the animal-agriculture industry. MFA developed the project to help chicken farmers, who often become indebted to large corporations under restrictive contracts. “The plant-based food industry is expected to be worth $85 billion […]
- EXCLUSIVE: Quiznos Launches Vegan Corned Beef in Denver November 12, 2019On November 15, vegan corned beef from Mrs. Goldfarb’s Unreal Deli will debut in the Denver-area locations of fast-food chain Quiznos, VegNews can exclusively reveal. The vegan meat—available at the chain for a limited time—will be featured on a new Plant-Based Corned Beef sandwich, along with pickles, sauerkraut, dairy-based Swiss cheese, and honey French dressing […]
1 cup brown rice, uncooked
1 1/2 cups water
1 medium sweet onion
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 can chickpeas
Frozen veggies and veggies:
1 green bell pepper
1 sweet potato
1 can chickpeas
1-2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons curry powder
(1) 15-ounce can coconut milk
1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
½ tsp salt, or more to taste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tsp lime, juice
US Customary – Metric
Start the rice cooking: In a medium-sized pot, add the 1 3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then pour in the rice. Simmer for 18 minutes, then remove from heat. (I used a rice cooker)
Once the rice is cooking, prepare your veggies: Cut the onion and throw it in the food processor, cut red pepper and put it in the food processor, then cut the sweet potato and put it in the food processor, microwave the frozen veggies, about 5-6 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Now add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 more minute. Add the curry powder and sauté 1-2 minutes more, until fragrant.
To the pot, add the sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli, red pepper. Pour in the coconut milk, green curry paste (if using), drain the chickpeas and add them to the pot. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and stir it all together. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes, until the sweet potato is tender.
Now stir in the brown sugar, lime juice. Taste; season with more salt if desired. Serve hot with rice.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make, 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook but a little longer if you cook the rice. Using the frozen veggies cut down on the time and so did adding the sweet potato to the food processor. The sweet potato cooks faster when they are cut into smaller pieces.
You can freeze the curry, which I recommend since it makes a lot.
Follow my IG page:
Follow my Facebook page as well:
Interested in working with me? I offer a free 30-minute discovery call, lets chat!
I will be taking clients soon!