Posted by WesternGardener
Suet cakes placed strategically in the garden help wild birds find their way to your landscape in winter. Homemade suet is easy to make, especially this vegetarian variety.
- For the Birds May 20, 2019I’m not going to lie to you. I have owned an African parrot. I once rescued a baby starling from a San Francisco sidewalk and kept it in a shoebox. (I […]
- Wildlife rescuers bombarded with baby birds warn people to call experts before attempting to rescue May 20, 2019HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. -- Baby woodpeckers, songbirds, water birds and baby owls are just few of the birds at Owl’s Nest Sanctuary for Wildlife. […]
- Why didn’t the birds eat the seed while owners were gone? May 20, 2019DEAR JOAN: We live in the Oakland Hills, close to Skyline High School, and the bird feeder on our patio has been a real joy as we watch the birds enjo […]
- Marine aircraft have hit birds 1,500 times over the past 15 years — here's what the Corps is doing about it May 20, 2019While most aircraft bird strikes result in minimal damage, birds can present a serious safety dilemma for US military pilots. Since fiscal year 2004, […]
- PETA to construct 'tribute' billboard at site of northern Iowa chicken crash that killed about 2,500 birds May 20, 2019PETA to construct 'tribute' billboard at site of northern Iowa chicken crash that killed about 2,500 birds PETA announced plans to construct […]