- Vegan Presses Charges Against “Friends” Who Fed Her Chicken While Drunk October 10, 2019A 24-year-old vegan woman on Reddit pressed charges after her then friends fed her dead chicken flesh while she was inebriated. The Redditor explained the story under the popular topic of AITA—or “Am I the A**hole?,” a post where users ask if they are to blame for the way they acted in various situations. The […]
- Hardee’s to Offer Beyond Meat at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner October 10, 2019Starting on October 16, fast-food chain Hardee’s will offer vegan Beyond Meat options at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The chain will test a new Beyond Breakfast Sausage Biscuit and an Original Beyond Thickburger for a limited time in Raleigh, NC, and Kansas City, MO. The breakfast biscuit includes a Beyond Breakfast Sausage patty on a […]
- Bristol’s Oldest Pub Now Serves Only Vegan Food, Including Sunday Roast October 10, 2019The Hatchet Inn—Bristol, England’s oldest pub that dates back to 1606—now exclusively serves vegan food. The pub partnered with vegan pop-up kitchen Soy Ahoy to offer comfort food such as fully loaded nachos with cashew sour cream and vegan mozzarella, a vegan chicken burger with deep-fried vegan calamari rings, smoked gouda, and sriracha mayonnaise, along […]
- Pub Chain BrewDog Opens Its First All-Vegan Venue in London October 10, 2019On October 14, Scotland-based craft brewery and pub chain BrewDog will re-launch its existing Dalston, London location as an all-vegan venue. The new pub will serve 24 taps of vegan craft beer along with a menu of all-vegan junk food created in partnership with local vegan restaurant Biff’s Jack Shack. Dishes include The Jack and […]
- Canada’s Top Grocery Store Loblaws Launches Vegan Chicken Wellington and Tiramisu October 10, 2019This week, Canada’s top grocery store Loblaws debuted new vegan options made with products from its private-label brand President’s Choice (PC) in time for the country’s Thanksgiving celebration. The brand collaborated with celebrity chef Craig Harding to create vegan versions of classics. “This weekend, millions of families across the country will be sitting down to […]
- Doctors Group Petition FDA to Put Cancer Warning on Cheese October 10, 2019In conjunction with Breast Cancer Awareness Month, medical group Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) submitted a citizen petition with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to change labeling on cheese to include a cancer warning. In its petition, PCRM—which is comprised of a group of 12,000 doctors—requested that the FDA Commissioner require dairy cheese […]
- San Francisco’s Artisan Ice Cream Brand Humphry Slocombe Debuts First Vegan Flavor October 9, 2019This week, San Francisco-based ice cream company Humphry Slocombe launched its first vegan ice cream pint exclusively at more than 150 Whole Foods Markets locations in the Southern Pacific (California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Hawaii), Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, Idaho), and Rocky Mountains (Colorado, Utah, New Mexico) regions. The brand’s Almond Chocolate Crunch! flavor was developed […]
How to make Lentil Walnut Veggie Burgers Video. Veggie Burgers are a nutritional alternative to beef burgers. Many people don't think of making their own veggie burgers but they are really easy to make at home. Store bought veggie burgers are nutritional but often very high in sodium and preservatives. You can substitute the eggs in this recipe with "flax eggs" which are a mix of 6 tbsp ground flax to 2 tbsp boiling water. The milk in this recipe can be substituted with either soya milk or rice milk. This makes the recipe completely vegan!
Lentils are high in fiber which makes them a good protector against bowel cancer. I recommend organic, low sodium lentils if you are buying canned. They are an excellent source of protein and are an important source of B vitamins, especially B3, which is essential for both a healthy nervous system and digestive system. They are high in iron, zinc and calcium and are a good replacement for red meat. Like meat, the iron in lentils is better absorbed when they are eaten with a good source of vitamin C like leafy green vegetables.
Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, a special type of fat that is essential for our bodies, but that the body cannot produce.
(Re omega 3 see also )
Walnuts are also a very good source of monounsaturated fats.
Walnuts contain many powerful antioxidants, including ellagic and gallic acids, pus antioxidant phenols and vitamin E. The minerals copper and manganese are also found in abundance in these tasty nuts.