A refreshing and nourishing super red antioxidant beet smoothie recipe with bright juicy citrus and berries.
I added a whole red beet to my smoothie this week. And you guys, it was amazing. This beet smoothie is cold, refreshing, blended with with bright fresh orange and frozen berries. It’s loaded with vitamin-C and antioxidants and makes a great breakfast or snack. If you love beets, you’ll love this smoothie. And if you don’t like beets, but want the health benefits, this is a great recipe for you too, as it’s easy to mask much of the beet flavor.
Last week I shared a post all about making Green Smoothies, but this one is about the reds, which deserve some praise too. If you look around the supplement section of any natural foods store you’ll likely see “super reds” powder. According to Food Revolution Network, “Red Fruits and Vegetables Help Fight Cancer, Reduce the Risk of Diabetes and Heart Disease, Improve Skin Quality, and More.” I love our current red smoothies: Acai Bowls, Dragon Fruit Smoothies, Pitaya Smoothie Bowls, and Strawberry Banana Smoothies.
- Understanding added sugars July 18, 2019There are obvious terms that include the word “sugar” (granulated sugar, cane sugar, beet sugar, sugar cane juice, brown sugar, raw sugar, etc.). Term […]
- Beets with mangos? Purple door scoops student-made ice cream July 18, 2019A beet and mango ice cream debuted at Purple Door Ice Cream on Wednesday. After an unexpected loss last year, the Bay View High School culinary arts t […]
- Recipe | Pickled Beet Hummus July 17, 2019Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth – about 3 minutes. Transfer the hummus to a small bowl and drizzle with addition […]
- Red beet egg salad and pretzels top winner of Lancaster Hot Dog contest at Limerick Neighborhood Delicatessen July 17, 2019And the Lancaster Dog is ... topped with red beet egg salad and pretzels. The winner among more than 40 entries in Limerick Neighborhood Delicatessen […]
- Phat Beets Produce's Beet Box July 12, 2019There was a time where if you wanted fresh fruits and vegetables, you visited the local grocer or went straight to the source. But in the modern-day E […]