To all of the people out there who have been disappointed with vegan white cake recipes, this cake is for you. It’s light, it’s fluffy, and it’s tender. No bready texture, no brownish color, and ordinary ingredients too. What’s my secret? Two: 1) I tested this 14 times and 2) A new way of thinking about vegan cake, which I’m introducing you to today.
There are a few things about this vegan white cake I will discuss in more depth:
- The mixing method
- The flavor
- The ingredients
- The measuring method
- Variations and troubleshooting
This post is a long one. If you’re not interested in any of that stuff and willing to simply follow my recipe then go ahead and scroll down, or click/tap the “Jump to Recipe” button up at the top above the post.
- Federal Election 2019: Democracy sausage verdict May 17, 2019Sadly the meat itself was a bit thin, which would be the overall downfall of this roll - 7/10 Bread: the sausage was served on a standard bakery-style […]
- My Favorite $0 Trick for Bakery-Style Desserts May 2, 2019Forget the dinner party: I’m a big believer in the dessert party. It’s simpler—no full meal planning required—and there’s something special about gett […]
- The secret to a great chocolate muffin? Buttermilk April 26, 2019You can even create a mix of white, milk and dark chocolate for a triple chocolate muffin. There is something moreish and tempting about big, fat, bak […]
- Your coworkers will love these bakery-style oatmeal cookies December 17, 2018A few weeks ago, a reader requested the oatmeal raisin cookie recipe from Upper Crust Bakery that apparently we published nearly 30 years ago. I could […]
- Cookie of the Week: Bakery-style butter cookies filled with nostalgia November 27, 2018If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the edit […]