To all of the people out there who have been disappointed with vegan white cake recipes, this cake is for you. It’s light, it’s fluffy, and it’s tender. No bready texture, no brownish color, and ordinary ingredients too. What’s my secret? Two: 1) I tested this 14 times and 2) A new way of thinking about vegan cake, which I’m introducing you to today.
There are a few things about this vegan white cake I will discuss in more depth:
- The mixing method
- The flavor
- The ingredients
- The measuring method
- Variations and troubleshooting
This post is a long one. If you’re not interested in any of that stuff and willing to simply follow my recipe then go ahead and scroll down, or click/tap the “Jump to Recipe” button up at the top above the post.
- I Have Cake Problems But This Cheap Plastic Turntable Isn't One of Them March 14, 2019We went with the intention of getting cardboard rounds for the bottoms of our cakes and big, bakery-style cardboard boxes to carry our cakes in. But o […]
- On the Burger Trail: The Mushroom Swiss Burger at Rollie's March 11, 2019The bun is a fairly straightforward bakery style roll. It's soft and sturdy and mine was nicely griddled, giving it a slightly crisp, golden hue. […]
- 8 baking mistakes that are ruining your brownies January 24, 2019Although making them can be a simple process, some, unfortunately, tend to miss a few key components to achieving bakery-style results. Here are eight […]
- Blueberry Crumb Muffins January 10, 2019Combine 1 stick of butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup all-purpose flour till crumbly. Set aside til muffin batter is ready. Beat butter and cream che […]
- Your coworkers will love these bakery-style oatmeal cookies December 17, 2018A few weeks ago, a reader requested the oatmeal raisin cookie recipe from Upper Crust Bakery that apparently we published nearly 30 years ago. I could […]