Baked Aloo Gobi – Indian Spiced Potato Cauliflower Side. Tips for the Best Aloo Gobi Subzi that bakes perfectly. 10 Mins Active. Toss with spices, put it to bake, and done! No Standing around, no Mushy Cauliflower! Same Amazing Indian flavor and excellent texture. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Nutfree Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Aloo Gobi is the quintessential part of an Indian spread. Spiced, perfectly cooked bites of potato and cauliflower, often served along with dals, curries. Aloo gobi is made almost exactly the same way at my mom’s since forever. No one wants to mess with perfection! The recipe, process or spices vary by region, family. The everyday home cooked version is usually a dryish seasoned veggies. Not all Indian dishes(even if they are called curries) have a sauce. Restaurants often will make it into a curried/saucy dish try this version or gobi masala from my book, that can be a meal served with flatbread(gf options).
My family recipe is a Punjabi recipe with spices such as cumin seeds, coriander, turmeric and loads of ginger and garlic. The skillet version posted way since when is made every few weeks. I’ve changed it up slightly and I also started baking it. The process is much easier and needs less active time, as you don’t need to be in standing the kitchen.
Also the baked aloo gobi turns out fabulously flavored, perfectly cooked and no mushy Cauliflower! Aloo Gobi in my house has got to be dry evenly spiced side without a sauce. Its wet enough from the moisture in the veggies. Just a few ingredients and gorgeous golden veggies is what we are aiming for. You can change up the spices to preference. For less roasted crisp, just use a smaller baking dish so they are spread almost double layer. Believe me, you wont go back to the skillet or Instant pot for aloo gobi once you try this Roasted Aloo Gobi!
The post Baked Aloo Gobi Vegan Recipe Indian Spiced Potato Cauliflower appeared first on Vegan Richa.
- Adding kick to potatoes May 21, 2019Whenever I think of my Aunt Rachna, I imagine her making aloo paratha, a fluffy, savory Indian bread stuffed to the brim with potatoes. In her big, op […]
- Summer menu at Garam Dharam is all set for food lovers May 21, 2019Summer menu at Garam Dharam is all set for food lovers: Stopping by a Dhaba and relishing mouth-watering Aloo Parantha’s with Makhan and Dal Makhni is […]
- How NRIs reintroducing desi food to the masses using social media May 18, 2019Her south Indian origin has never pulled her back from embracing a typical north Indian thali with handsome servings of rotis, dal, sabzi, chole, aloo […]
- Potatoes — stuffed, roasted, pan-fried, piled on buns — star in Indian cooking May 16, 2019Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click […]
- Delhi: Paharganj to court, battle to become master of naan May 16, 2019“Expressions such as Naan, Chur Chur Naan, Amritsari Chur Chur Naan are similar to expressions such as Amritsari Kulcha, Malabar Parantha, Hyderabadi […]