Baked Aloo Gobi – Indian Spiced Potato Cauliflower Side. Tips for the Best Aloo Gobi Subzi that bakes perfectly. 10 Mins Active. Toss with spices, put it to bake, and done! No Standing around, no Mushy Cauliflower! Same Amazing Indian flavor and excellent texture. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Nutfree Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Aloo Gobi is the quintessential part of an Indian spread. Spiced, perfectly cooked bites of potato and cauliflower, often served along with dals, curries. Aloo gobi is made almost exactly the same way at my mom’s since forever. No one wants to mess with perfection! The recipe, process or spices vary by region, family. The everyday home cooked version is usually a dryish seasoned veggies. Not all Indian dishes(even if they are called curries) have a sauce. Restaurants often will make it into a curried/saucy dish try this version or gobi masala from my book, that can be a meal served with flatbread(gf options).
My family recipe is a Punjabi recipe with spices such as cumin seeds, coriander, turmeric and loads of ginger and garlic. The skillet version posted way since when is made every few weeks. I’ve changed it up slightly and I also started baking it. The process is much easier and needs less active time, as you don’t need to be in standing the kitchen.
Also the baked aloo gobi turns out fabulously flavored, perfectly cooked and no mushy Cauliflower! Aloo Gobi in my house has got to be dry evenly spiced side without a sauce. Its wet enough from the moisture in the veggies. Just a few ingredients and gorgeous golden veggies is what we are aiming for. You can change up the spices to preference. For less roasted crisp, just use a smaller baking dish so they are spread almost double layer. Believe me, you wont go back to the skillet or Instant pot for aloo gobi once you try this Roasted Aloo Gobi!
The post Baked Aloo Gobi Vegan Recipe Indian Spiced Potato Cauliflower appeared first on Vegan Richa.
- Aloo Parathas Recipe March 22, 20191. Make the dough: In a medium bowl, mix all the dough ingredients together and knead the dough with your hands until it is smooth and well incorporat […]
- Kashmiri Dum Aloo March 20, 2019Dum Aloo Kashmiri Dum Aloo is a mildly spiced whole baby potatoes curry cooked in a healthy and cooling yogurt base. ... Kashmiri Dum Aloo is a mildly […]
- Aloo Paratha Recipe: March 8, 20191.Put wheat flour in a bowl add some pinch of salt and make dough. 2.While kneading the dough adding 1–2 spoon ghee to make paratha soft. 3.Once the k […]
- Make-Ahead Aloo Gobi February 28, 2019Don’t get us wrong, we love turning cauliflower into “everything bagel” cauliflower rolls or gluten-free cauliflower gnocchi pomodoro. But sometimes w […]
- How to make Saira Hamilton’s aloo bortha – spicy mashed potato February 27, 2019“This may seem like a slightly strange dish to serve with rice, but then the British do have a chip butty, so maybe every country has a carb-loaded co […]