Baked Aloo Gobi – Indian Spiced Potato Cauliflower Side. 10 Mins Active time!
Aloo Gobi is the quintessential part of an Indian spread. Spiced, perfectly cooked bites of potato and cauliflower, often served along with dals, curries. Aloo gobi is made almost exactly the same way at my mom’s since forever. No one wants to mess with perfection! Everyday Aloo Gobi is a seasoned veggie side kind of dish. It is dryish and not saucy. Restaurants usually make a saucy version. Try this one for saucy aloo gobi
Back to our fave Punjabi Aloo gobi. I kept the flavors and ingredients and changed up the cooking in the skillet to baking and voila. The process is much easier and needs less active time, as you don’t need to be in standing the kitchen.
Also the baked aloo gobi turns out fabulously flavored, perfectly cooked and no mushy Cauliflower! Aloo Gobi in my house has got to be dry evenly spiced side without a sauce. Its wet enough from the moisture in the veggies. Just a few ingredients and gorgeous golden veggies is what we are aiming for. You can change up the spices to preference. For less roasted crisp, just use a smaller baking dish so they are spread almost double layer. Believe me, you wont go back to the skillet or Instant pot for aloo gobi once you try this Roasted Aloo Gobi!
Same Amazing Indian flavor and excellent texture. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Nutfree Recipe. See Tips to bake the veggies to your preference on the post.
Music by Joakim Karud
- Aloo Gobi July 9, 20191. Place the oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and saute till they are soft, approximately five minutes. 2. Add the cu […]
- Ditch the takeaway in favour of this healthy aloo gobi July 9, 2019Whenever I have plenty of vegetables that need cooking, I look to Indian recipes for inspiration. Indian cuisine has a fantastic array of vegetarian d […]
- Do you know your Rogan Josh from your Vindaloo? MM decipher the curry code so you don't have to July 2, 2019Curry is now a British favourite, but for me it's a way of life. I can tell you what saag aloo, gobi and tarka daal are, yet when I’m asked to re […]
- The Sneaky, Easy Trick to My Mom’s Perfect Aloo Gobi June 10, 2019I’ve noticed that aloo gobi is the one Indian dish (aside from butter chicken and anything that’s labeled “tikka masala,” which...don’t get me started […]
- Roasted Aloo Gobi (Potatoes and Cauliflower) June 10, 2019Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Toss potatoes and cauliflower with 3 Tbsp. oil on prepared sheet. Spread in an even layer […]