Baked Aloo Gobi – Indian Spiced Potato Cauliflower Side. 10 Mins Active time!
Aloo Gobi is the quintessential part of an Indian spread. Spiced, perfectly cooked bites of potato and cauliflower, often served along with dals, curries. Aloo gobi is made almost exactly the same way at my mom’s since forever. No one wants to mess with perfection! Everyday Aloo Gobi is a seasoned veggie side kind of dish. It is dryish and not saucy. Restaurants usually make a saucy version. Try this one for saucy aloo gobi
Back to our fave Punjabi Aloo gobi. I kept the flavors and ingredients and changed up the cooking in the skillet to baking and voila. The process is much easier and needs less active time, as you don’t need to be in standing the kitchen.
Also the baked aloo gobi turns out fabulously flavored, perfectly cooked and no mushy Cauliflower! Aloo Gobi in my house has got to be dry evenly spiced side without a sauce. Its wet enough from the moisture in the veggies. Just a few ingredients and gorgeous golden veggies is what we are aiming for. You can change up the spices to preference. For less roasted crisp, just use a smaller baking dish so they are spread almost double layer. Believe me, you wont go back to the skillet or Instant pot for aloo gobi once you try this Roasted Aloo Gobi!
Same Amazing Indian flavor and excellent texture. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Nutfree Recipe. See Tips to bake the veggies to your preference on the post.
Music by Joakim Karud
- Make-Ahead Aloo Gobi February 28, 20191. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. 2. Add the cauliflower and potatoes; sti […]
- Make-Ahead Aloo Gobi February 28, 2019Don’t get us wrong, we love turning cauliflower into “everything bagel” cauliflower rolls or gluten-free cauliflower gnocchi pomodoro. But sometimes w […]
- Edible Lessons in Indian Regional Cuisine at Munch India February 5, 2019If you’ve ever been to a North Indian restaurant, you’re probably familiar with menu staples like chana masala, aloo gobi, and palak paneer. But at Mu […]
- Aloo Gobi November 27, 2018Aloo Gobi is a very classic Indian dish of potatoes and cauliflower. It's a one pot, super simple, comforting dish that's ready in 30 minute […]
- RESTAURANT REVIEW: New Saffron in west Little Rock curries favor at dinner November 8, 2018Gumbo's is now the promising Saffron Indian Cuisine, offering a buffet at lunch, a champagne brunch buffet on weekends and a full-service dinner, […]