Baked Aloo Gobi – Indian Spiced Potato Cauliflower Side. 10 Mins Active time!
Aloo Gobi is the quintessential part of an Indian spread. Spiced, perfectly cooked bites of potato and cauliflower, often served along with dals, curries. Aloo gobi is made almost exactly the same way at my mom’s since forever. No one wants to mess with perfection! Everyday Aloo Gobi is a seasoned veggie side kind of dish. It is dryish and not saucy. Restaurants usually make a saucy version. Try this one for saucy aloo gobi
Back to our fave Punjabi Aloo gobi. I kept the flavors and ingredients and changed up the cooking in the skillet to baking and voila. The process is much easier and needs less active time, as you don’t need to be in standing the kitchen.
Also the baked aloo gobi turns out fabulously flavored, perfectly cooked and no mushy Cauliflower! Aloo Gobi in my house has got to be dry evenly spiced side without a sauce. Its wet enough from the moisture in the veggies. Just a few ingredients and gorgeous golden veggies is what we are aiming for. You can change up the spices to preference. For less roasted crisp, just use a smaller baking dish so they are spread almost double layer. Believe me, you wont go back to the skillet or Instant pot for aloo gobi once you try this Roasted Aloo Gobi!
Same Amazing Indian flavor and excellent texture. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Nutfree Recipe. See Tips to bake the veggies to your preference on the post.
Music by Joakim Karud
- How 'Blinded by the Light' finds common ground between Bruce Springsteen and a Pakistani-British teenager August 20, 2019I love a good gobi matar." It's somewhat amusing to hear, given how many scenes in Chadha's most successful film to date, "Bend It […]
- 5 Bread slices and Aloo Gobhi July 11, 2019He was a newbie at our office. He brought 5 slices of brown bread and Aloo Gobhi (a popular Indian vegetable cooked with Cauliflower and Potatoes) to […]
- Aloo Gobi July 9, 20191. Place the oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and saute till they are soft, approximately five minutes. 2. Add the cu […]
- Ditch the takeaway in favour of this healthy aloo gobi July 9, 2019Whenever I have plenty of vegetables that need cooking, I look to Indian recipes for inspiration. Indian cuisine has a fantastic array of vegetarian d […]
- RESTAURANT REVIEW: Ending a busy week with a curry at The Elephant in Eccleston June 19, 2019For mains it was Chicken Tikka Massalla, South Indian Garlic Lamb, Prawn Saagwala, and Aloo Gobi Blussi. Having got a bit sick of the routineness atta […]