It’s been about 2 1/2 months since I last blogged. There are various reasons for this– some “blogger burn-out”, I suppose you could call it, after 12 years, first of all (13 years, actually). And then, there’s been a fairly big change in my diet and how I cook now, since I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic last year and now eat a low-glycemic diet. (See blog posts from March 2018 and on, particularly this one.) I’m not on a low-carb, or no-sugar, or vegan keto diet. I’ve just been learning to cook with low-glycemic and high-fiber grains and flours, and fewer sweets, and also learned about “resistant starch”– see this post.
Just as I was feeling like blogging again, I developed a case of shingles! This has laid me low for over a month now. It is improving, but my energy has been pretty low. I’m hoping that I’ll be back to normal in a couple of weeks, but it’s hard to predict.
But, at least I’ve had a little more interest in cooking again. Lately, I’ve been working on developing some truly good low-glycemic rolled biscuits, but I haven’t got there yet! (Stay tuned.) I’ve also been working on a good high-fiber, low-glycemic, not too fatty or sweet chocolate chip cookie recipe. My goal was also to make it easy to make, using readily-available, inexpensive ingredients, and of course, to make cookies that still tasted like a treat!
So, I’d like to offer you my latest version, which I’m quite happy with (but, you never know– I might refine them further). I hope that you will enjoy them, too!
- Tyron Smith coming back “faster and stronger” May 19, 2019Cowboys left tackle Tyron Smith doesn’t speak much, but when he does talk, he says a lot by saying a little. When healthy, Smith remains one of the be […]
- Australia's leader vows to get back to work after shock win May 19, 2019SYDNEY (AP) — A jubilant Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison vowed Sunday to get straight back to work after a shock election victory by his cons […]
- Back on top: Nadal beats Djokovic for 9th Italian Open title May 19, 2019ROME (AP) — Rafael Nadal is right back where he wants to be. After losing in the semifinals of three straight clay-court tournaments, Nadal dominated […]
- Brooks Koepka wins PGA Championship, joins Tiger Woods as only back-to-back winners in stroke play May 19, 2019FARMINGDALE, N.Y. — Brooks Koepka wins PGA Championship, joins Tiger Woods as only back-to-back winners in stroke play. Copyright 2019 The Associated […]
- Trump fires back after Rep. Justin Amash calls his conduct ‘impeachable’ May 19, 2019President Trump called Rep. Justin Amash a ‘total lightweight’ after the Republican congressman said Trump “engaged in impeachable conduct” based on t […]