It’s been about 2 1/2 months since I last blogged. There are various reasons for this– some “blogger burn-out”, I suppose you could call it, after 12 years, first of all (13 years, actually). And then, there’s been a fairly big change in my diet and how I cook now, since I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic last year and now eat a low-glycemic diet. (See blog posts from March 2018 and on, particularly this one.) I’m not on a low-carb, or no-sugar, or vegan keto diet. I’ve just been learning to cook with low-glycemic and high-fiber grains and flours, and fewer sweets, and also learned about “resistant starch”– see this post.
Just as I was feeling like blogging again, I developed a case of shingles! This has laid me low for over a month now. It is improving, but my energy has been pretty low. I’m hoping that I’ll be back to normal in a couple of weeks, but it’s hard to predict.
But, at least I’ve had a little more interest in cooking again. Lately, I’ve been working on developing some truly good low-glycemic rolled biscuits, but I haven’t got there yet! (Stay tuned.) I’ve also been working on a good high-fiber, low-glycemic, not too fatty or sweet chocolate chip cookie recipe. My goal was also to make it easy to make, using readily-available, inexpensive ingredients, and of course, to make cookies that still tasted like a treat!
So, I’d like to offer you my latest version, which I’m quite happy with (but, you never know– I might refine them further). I hope that you will enjoy them, too!
- Worsfold in no rush to bring Daniher back March 21, 2019We don't know how Lynch will fit in to our structure - Cotchin We don't know how Lynch will fit in to our structure - Cotchin Hurn looks ahe […]
- Bruins Notes: David Pastrnak Scores Goal In Second Game Back From Injury March 21, 2019It’s good to have David Pastrnak back. The Boston Bruins were without their star winger for 16 games after he fell and injured his thumb following a t […]
- David Pastrnak gets back on board as Bruins beat Jersey, grow edge on Toronto March 21, 2019NEWARK, N.J. — Patrice Bergeron scored twice and reached the 30-goal mark for the fifth time and the streaking Bruins beat the injury-ravaged New Jers […]
- Idaho ballot initiative bill back on track after amendments March 21, 2019BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A bill that would dramatically toughen the requirements to get an initiative or referendum on the Idaho ballot is back on track af […]
- Robert Griffin III returns to Ravens to back up Lamar Jackson March 21, 2019March 21, 2019 3:44pm EDT March 21, 2019 3:44pm EDT American Football, English, Robert Griffin, Baltimore Ravens, NFL The Ravens carried three quarter […]