Easy vegan chocolate cake recipe, perfect for any occasion but especially for Mother’s Day coming up! Full recipe below.
↠ Subscribe to my channel here ↠
Big thanks to Taylor for sharing this recipe and helping me veganize it!
↠VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE
2 tbsp ground flax seeds
6 tbsp water
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup cacao powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup refined coconut oil, melted
1 cup unsweetened almond, soy, or hazelnut milk
2 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine ground flax and water in a small bowl. Stir and set aside to thicken.
Next, add flour, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Whisk well and set aside.
In a large bowl, add coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla. Then add the flax “egg” mix well.
Slowly add the flour mixture, a little at a time, while mixing with a hand mixer.
Then add hot water and mix one last time.
Transfer the cake batter to a greased bundt pan and drop it on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
Bake for about 35 minutes or until a tooth pick comes inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let the cake cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cake plate. Cool completely before frosting.
↠ For the frosting:
I just mixed about 1.5 cups of vegan chocolate chips and 1 vegan chocolate bar (broken into pieces) with about 2-3 tbsp of almond milk (add more almond milk if needed, adding 1 tbsp at a time) Then I microwaved it for 20 seconds. Stirred, and microwaved for another 10 seconds. Then I mixed well until it was fully melted and drizzled it generously over the cake. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate.
This can also be done in a double boiler or you can use this delicious frosting recipe from the Minimalist Baker:
NOTE: Let the cake cool and then make the ganache. It should be made and drizzled on the cake immediately because it will firm up too much to pour if you let it sit 🙂
I recommend topping this cake with fresh berries, especially raspberries. They work so well with this recipe! A few mint sprigs makes it look pretty too 🙂
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Hope everyone enjoyed this recipe. If you make it at home, please tag me in a picture on Instagram so I can check it out!
↠ Other Places You Can Find Me 🙂
Adventures by A Himitsu …
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0
Music released by Argofox
Music provided by Audio Library
- What 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates’ Comfort Food Preferences Say About Them June 19, 2019Food can tell you a lot about a person: the cultures they may be mired in, their lifestyle — or, if you’re a BuzzFeed quiz, intimate details about the […]
- Led by Tasty, BuzzFeed expects to drive $260 million in consumer product sales this year June 14, 2019... 130 million in retail sales of BuzzFeed-branded products in 2018…and easily slot BuzzFeed onto a list of the world’s biggest brand licensors…The c […]
- With Tasty as centerpiece, BuzzFeed aims for $260m in branded product sales June 13, 2019BuzzFeed has found success in licensing its Tasty food brand across different consumer products including food, kitchenware and cookbooks. The company […]
- BuzzFeed’s CEO Discusses Newsroom Layoffs and the Future of Journalism June 12, 2019“We see a lot of profits in things like lists and quizzes on the BuzzFeed website and Tasty, which is our food brand. News is where getting sustainabi […]
- Did Miley Cyrus Copy Stephanie Sarley's 'Food Porn' Style In Her Promo? June 5, 2019In an recent interview with BuzzFeed, Sarley said that she was “disgusted ... When the artist saw the videos herself, she felt that the “Wrecking Ball […]