Easy vegan chocolate cake recipe, perfect for any occasion but especially for Mother’s Day coming up! Full recipe below.
↠ Subscribe to my channel here ↠
Big thanks to Taylor for sharing this recipe and helping me veganize it!
↠VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE
2 tbsp ground flax seeds
6 tbsp water
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup cacao powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup refined coconut oil, melted
1 cup unsweetened almond, soy, or hazelnut milk
2 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine ground flax and water in a small bowl. Stir and set aside to thicken.
Next, add flour, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Whisk well and set aside.
In a large bowl, add coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla. Then add the flax “egg” mix well.
Slowly add the flour mixture, a little at a time, while mixing with a hand mixer.
Then add hot water and mix one last time.
Transfer the cake batter to a greased bundt pan and drop it on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
Bake for about 35 minutes or until a tooth pick comes inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let the cake cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cake plate. Cool completely before frosting.
↠ For the frosting:
I just mixed about 1.5 cups of vegan chocolate chips and 1 vegan chocolate bar (broken into pieces) with about 2-3 tbsp of almond milk (add more almond milk if needed, adding 1 tbsp at a time) Then I microwaved it for 20 seconds. Stirred, and microwaved for another 10 seconds. Then I mixed well until it was fully melted and drizzled it generously over the cake. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate.
This can also be done in a double boiler or you can use this delicious frosting recipe from the Minimalist Baker:
NOTE: Let the cake cool and then make the ganache. It should be made and drizzled on the cake immediately because it will firm up too much to pour if you let it sit 🙂
I recommend topping this cake with fresh berries, especially raspberries. They work so well with this recipe! A few mint sprigs makes it look pretty too 🙂
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Hope everyone enjoyed this recipe. If you make it at home, please tag me in a picture on Instagram so I can check it out!
↠ Other Places You Can Find Me 🙂
Adventures by A Himitsu …
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0
Music released by Argofox
Music provided by Audio Library
- Walmart now lets you instantly purchase ingredients in Buzzfeed’s Tasty videos August 24, 2019Tasty bills itself as the “world’s largest food network” at Tasty.co. The cooking and recipe franchise has become a content juggernaut for Buzzfeed. T […]
- Germany warns UK it ‘may stop sending food after no-deal Brexit’ August 23, 2019According to Buzzfeed, a diplomatic source relayed the German delegation’s frustration at the progress of Brexit discussions and said food businesses […]
- Merkel's Brexit scare story: Germany vows to block UK food exports - but threat is MINIMAL August 23, 2019They said despite the industry's efforts to prepare, the delays and potential rise in tariffs could persuade food producers to focus on other mar […]
- Germany 'warns its food producers might not export to UK after No-Deal Brexit over boarder fears' August 22, 2019The threat was issued after Germany expressed its frustration at the direction Brexit negotiations had been heading in recent months, according to Buz […]
- Northfork targets UK grocers after Walmart and Buzzfeed tie-up August 22, 2019Northfork, the shop-by-recipe platform for grocery retailers, is targeting UK operators having completed a major roll-out in the USA. This week Northf […]