- Jaden Smith Partners With Café Gratitude to Give Away 10,000 Vegan Meals to LA’s Hungry October 16, 2019Starting today, vegan restaurant Café Gratitude will add the I LOVE YOU Bowl to all four of its locations in California. The new option—which features a variety of seasonal ingredients such as Brussels sprouts and butternut squash, with forbidden black rice and quinoa—was co-created by the restaurant’s Executive Chef Dreux Ellis, musician and social-justice advocate […]
- Cory Booker Brings Veganism Onto Democratic Debate Stage October 16, 2019Vegan New Jersey Senator Cory Booker used a portion of his talking time during the most recent Democratic presidential debate to highlight veganism. The presidential candidate brought veganism into the conversation while answering a question regarding whether or not large tech companies such as Facebook, Amazon, and Google should be regulated in order to prevent […]
- New Vegan Queso and Ranch Launch at Walmart October 16, 2019A new line of creamy vegan dips by salsa brand Fresh Cravings recently debuted at Walmart stores nationwide. The new line is made with almonds and cashews instead of dairy and is available in 8-ounce tubs in five flavors: Kickin’ Queso Style Cashew, Zesty Ranch Cashew, Creamy Dill Cashew, Creamy Garlic Almond, Spicy Garlic Almond, […]
- UK’s Largest Pork Producer Debuts Vegan Deli Meat October 16, 2019Danish brand Tulip Limited—the largest pork producer in the United Kingdom—unveiled its first vegan line The Green Butcher. The new line will hit shelves at retailer Co-op this month with its flagship product Vegan Slices with Peppers with more products in development. “We’ve worked hard to develop the product in collaboration with Co-op and the […]
- Vegan Chain Veggie Grill Opens Its First East Coast Location October 16, 2019Vegan chain Veggie Grill recently opened its first East Coast location in Cambridge, MA, bringing a wide variety of plant-based options to the Harvard Square area as part of its continuing expansion. “We knew that there were already a lot of veggie-positive folks in the market, so we wanted to serve those guests,” Veggie Grill […]
- Billie Eilish’s Go-to Taco Bell Order: 20 Vegan Bean Burritos October 16, 2019Vegan singer Billie Eilish revealed her go-to order at Taco Bell—which recently debuted a dedicated vegetarian menu nationwide to make it easier for customers to order meatless meals. ビーンブリトー好きすぎかてshes a big fan of TACO BELL🌯#BillieEilish #tacobell pic.twitter.com/XKGRKSpS1S — セブ (@mywifeybillie) October 15, 2019 “I’m going to get 18 bean burritos with only beans, nothing else, […]
- 10 Scary Halloween Costumes Only Vegans Will Understand October 16, 2019Forget Christmas and New Year’s Eve—Halloween is where it’s at. With the ability to dress any way you’d like, see the smiles on children’s faces when you give them a bag of Swedish Fish (they’re vegan!), and watch The Munsters all day long, how could it not be? That said, the best part of All […]
Download the new Tasty app:
Reserve the One Top:
Here is what you'll need!
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
6 cups vegetable stock
1 cup water
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon miso paste
Bok choy, sautéed
Peppers, sliced and sautéed
Rainbow carrots, diced and sautéed
Onions, sliced and sautéed
Bean sprouts, sautéed
Jalapeños, sliced and sautéed
Green onions, sliced
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and onions and sauté until onions become translucent.
2. Add vegetable stock, water, shiitake mushrooms, and soy sauce. Stir and simmer for at least 45 minutes, up to 3 hours. The longer you simmer, the more flavorful the broth will become.
3. Uncover the pot, add the miso paste, and stir.
4. Ladle the broth into a bowl and add noodles and toppings of your choice.
Quinoa Eggplant Parm Boat
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup quinoa
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup vegan shredded mozzarella
1 cup marinara
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC.
2. On a cutting board, slice off the stem of the eggplants, and then cut in half lengthwise.
3. Cut or scoop out the middle of the eggplants and place on a sheet tray. Roughly chop scooped out center of the eggplant, and set aside.
4. Drizzle eggplant halves with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then bake for 10 minutes.
5. In a pot, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft.
6. Add the garlic and quinoa. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add the vegetable broth, stir, and bring to a boil.
8. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Uncover and scoop evenly into the eggplant boats.
10. Cover the tops with cheese, spread marinara on top, and sprinkle with more cheese.
11. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Chinese Takeout-Style Tofu And Broccoli
14 ounces firm tofu
1½ teaspoons sesame oil, divided
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 cups broccoli florets
3 tablespoons vegetable broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1-2 tablespoons cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water)
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons agave syrup
1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Wrap tofu in two layers of paper towels and place on a plate. Put another plate on top of the tofu to weigh it down, and microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until drained.
2. After microwaving, carefully unwrap tofu and slice into ½-1 inch cubes. Pat each cube dry.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add cubes of tofu and cook on all sides until golden brown, approximately 2-4 minutes per side, then remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add broccoli to the hot pan and add vegetable broth. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Steam for 5 minutes.
5. Remove lid and turn heat back up to medium-high.
6. Add garlic, grated ginger, and ½ teaspoon sesame oil. Stir to soften.
7. Add in soy sauce, agave, sesame seeds, and cornstarch slurry. Stir until thickened to desired consistency.
8. Add tofu back into broccoli and sauce mixture.
9. Serve over white rice and garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
30-Minute Pasta Primavera
¼ cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ onion, diced
1 cup asparagus, chopped
2 cups broccoli florets