Download the new Tasty app:
Reserve the One Top:
Here is what you'll need!
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
6 cups vegetable stock
1 cup water
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon miso paste
Bok choy, sautéed
Peppers, sliced and sautéed
Rainbow carrots, diced and sautéed
Onions, sliced and sautéed
Bean sprouts, sautéed
Jalapeños, sliced and sautéed
Green onions, sliced
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and onions and sauté until onions become translucent.
2. Add vegetable stock, water, shiitake mushrooms, and soy sauce. Stir and simmer for at least 45 minutes, up to 3 hours. The longer you simmer, the more flavorful the broth will become.
3. Uncover the pot, add the miso paste, and stir.
4. Ladle the broth into a bowl and add noodles and toppings of your choice.
Quinoa Eggplant Parm Boat
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup quinoa
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup vegan shredded mozzarella
1 cup marinara
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC.
2. On a cutting board, slice off the stem of the eggplants, and then cut in half lengthwise.
3. Cut or scoop out the middle of the eggplants and place on a sheet tray. Roughly chop scooped out center of the eggplant, and set aside.
4. Drizzle eggplant halves with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then bake for 10 minutes.
5. In a pot, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft.
6. Add the garlic and quinoa. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add the vegetable broth, stir, and bring to a boil.
8. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Uncover and scoop evenly into the eggplant boats.
10. Cover the tops with cheese, spread marinara on top, and sprinkle with more cheese.
11. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Chinese Takeout-Style Tofu And Broccoli
14 ounces firm tofu
1½ teaspoons sesame oil, divided
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 cups broccoli florets
3 tablespoons vegetable broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1-2 tablespoons cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water)
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons agave syrup
1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Wrap tofu in two layers of paper towels and place on a plate. Put another plate on top of the tofu to weigh it down, and microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until drained.
2. After microwaving, carefully unwrap tofu and slice into ½-1 inch cubes. Pat each cube dry.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add cubes of tofu and cook on all sides until golden brown, approximately 2-4 minutes per side, then remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add broccoli to the hot pan and add vegetable broth. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Steam for 5 minutes.
5. Remove lid and turn heat back up to medium-high.
6. Add garlic, grated ginger, and ½ teaspoon sesame oil. Stir to soften.
7. Add in soy sauce, agave, sesame seeds, and cornstarch slurry. Stir until thickened to desired consistency.
8. Add tofu back into broccoli and sauce mixture.
9. Serve over white rice and garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
30-Minute Pasta Primavera
¼ cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ onion, diced
1 cup asparagus, chopped
2 cups broccoli florets
- FYI Bret Michaels Sells Candles As Part Of His Lifestyle Collection July 22, 2019But he's also the candle man. You see, Bret Michaels has a lifestyle collection with various lifestyle things for sale on his website. These thin […]
- "Stranger Things" Star Dacre Montgomery Shared An Emotional Story About Growing Up And It Will Make You Love Him Even More July 22, 2019And while he plays a popular ~heartthrob~ on Stranger Things, in real life, Dacre didn't have quite the same experience growing up. Tap to play o […]
- John Oliver Confirmed That Beyoncé Was Photoshopped Into "The Lion King" Cast Photo, And It's Hilarious July 22, 2019So, when the two were cast in The Lion King together, fans were curious to see if they would actually have a chance to meet IRL, and the hype only got […]
- Which Marvel Phase 4 Movie Or TV Show Are You Most Excited About? July 22, 2019Image: Via Marvel Studios Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings ... […]
- Jessica Alba Says She Regrets Two Of Her Tattoos And Here Are Those Tattoos July 22, 2019Jessica Alba told Refinery 29 that she regrets getting two tattoos: A flower on the back of her neck and a "kind of tramp stamp." "I do […]