The post 8 Summer Wellness Essentials To Keep You Thriving In The Heat appeared first on Peaceful Dumpling.
It’s only just the start of June, but summer is in full swing in my part of the country—coastal Texas—and I’m confronted with my usual feelings about summer. Since moving to the South five years ago, every summer has been a bit startling: Ooh this is why I remember summer being so oppressive … oooh yes, this is what 90° and insane humidity feels like—and all of my fun ideas for how to spend the summer quickly wilt.
I’ve told myself that this summer will be different, however. Maybe the temps will be the same (or worse), but I’ve resolved to make the most of this season and not completely quarantine myself indoors. I may not be able to spend copious time outdoors given our particular climate, but I plan to do some summer things, including playing in the water with my daughter and going to the beach.
Whether or not you have a complicated relationship with summer, chances are that these summer wellness staples will help you feel your best when it’s blazing hot. After all, the summer season—with its heat, long days of intense sun, and, as is often the case, travel and family events—can be hard on the system and the psyche.
Thrive Like a Summer Solstice Goddess with these Wellness Essentials
With its incredible supply of antioxidants, matcha green tea is a delicious way to treat yourself and protect your skin from the inside out by supplying your body with the nutrients it needs to help bolster its defense against the elements. It’s also incredibly easy to make a refreshing iced matcha latte by combining a teaspoon of matcha powder and 8-12 ounces of nut milk in your blender. Serve over ice and enjoy!
The importance of keeping your skin safe while you’re outside is paramount. Mineral sunscreen (like these wonderful formulas) make with natural ingredients can help keep you from getting burned while also being reef-safe.
We’ve covered why hibiscus tea is such an awesome hydrating and cooling beauty drink. Keep a bag of these beautiful red flowers handy to make everything from healthy cocktails to delicious sparkling tea water. The antioxidants therein spell glowing summer radiance!
Anxiety Relief (Essential Oils)
If the summer season makes you feel a bit anxious from time to time (sometimes traveling or swathes of unstructured time can do that), you may find it helpful to keep a little (mild) anxiety relief on hand. I love essential oil rollers for this purpose. Applying them is a lovely way to take a moment for yourself, get present, and encourage deep breathing. Also, see our recommendations for essential oils for anxiety.
Eden’s Garden Tranquility Roll On (features Lavender, Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Sweet Marjoram, Chamomile, Vetiver, Sandalwood and Vanilla)
Eco-Friendly Exercise Gear
Even if high temperatures make you feel like wilting, a little exercise (whether outdoors or indoors) can do wonders for your spirit. Wearing a set of eco-friendly, breathable or sweat-wicking workout clothes can help exercise during summer a more exciting prospect.
Check out the gorgeous pieces from 100% Biodegradable fitness line Port de Bras.
While summer tends to be the perfect time to lighten up and simply your skincare with sheer, barely-there formulas, there are times (especially if you’ve been under the sun or in a de-humidified office with dry air) when a luxurious body oil is just the thing to quench thirsty skin. Allow the application process to be a moment for thoughtful, grounding self-massage.
While it may be tempting to reach for an anti-perspirant that will keep your armpits dry, allowing yourself to sweat is one of the healthiest things you can do for yourself. Sweating, as unglamorous as it may be, it one of the body’s ways of naturally detoxifying itself. So stay hydrated, neutralize odor with a baking soda-based natural deodorant, and embrace the dewiness.
Sun, chlorine, heat, and more frequent shampooing can leave hair in need of extra TLC during summer months. Invest in a rich deep conditioner to maintain the soft, healthy texture of your hair. After all, who doesn’t feel her best when her hair is looking fabulous?
This unique formula is designed to repair broken bonds in hair to leave hair stronger and healthier.
What are your favorite summer wellness essentials?
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
The view other posts like this on Peaceful Dumpling.
- High Quality Potassium, Magnesium, Sulfur, and Salt Essentials for Success in Agriculture June 19, 2019Advancements with Ted Danson explores innovative agriculture and animal feed solutions. JUPITER, Fla., June 19, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Advancement […]
- The Featherweight Essentials for Any Trip June 19, 2019The best way to catch up on the day's most important product releases and stories. Montblanc’s perfumers scoured the globe for the perfect ingred […]
- Google Home Essentials: meross Smart power strip [Video] June 18, 2019Smart plugs and power strips are now increasingly common but there are very few that offer the ability to power an entire home entertainment system, o […]
- Developers at Pixel Film Studios Announce ProIntro Essentials Volume 2 for Final Cut Pro X June 18, 2019Pixel Film Studios, leading developer of visual effect tools for the post-production and broadcast markets, announces the availability of ProIntro Ess […]
- Adobe's Marketo Introduces ABM Essentials to Help Generate More Qualified Accounts June 18, 2019To share a press release or news update, please email our Features Editor, Ameya at: email@example.com ABM Essentials is the industry’s […]