Skip the takeout and whip up your favorite Chinese dishes at home! This collection includes everything from potstickers to lo mein to General Tso’s tofu. All delicious and totally vegan!
Let’s talk about Chinese zodiac signs. There’s something to them. For most of my life, I thought this was a bunch of nonsense. I was told, some time when I was very young, that I born under the sign of the monkey, because I was born in 1980. Outgoing, charming, party animal…that made absolutely no sense.
I didn’t figure out what was going on until a couple of years ago when I went to see the Chinese New Year parade in Philly, in February. That’s when it occurred to me that because I was born in January (before the start of the new year), I must be associated with the previous sign: the sheep. Sensitive, quiet, creative…now that made sense! Keep this in mind next time you read about your sign on a Chinese restaurant menu.
You could also just skip the restaurant, and celebrate Chinese New Year at home, vegan style. I’m here to help, with my favorite vegan Chinese recipes, or at least, Chinese-inspired recipes. I say “inspired” because, as far as I know, zucchini noodle lo mein is not authentic to Chinese cuisine, but the inspiration is definitely there.
This year’s Chinese New Year celebration falls on February 5th, when we enter the year of the pig.
Chinese Steamed Buns – China Sichuan Food
Sticky Rice Mushroom Shumai – The Woks of Life
Vegetable Spring Rolls – Steamy Kitchen
Chinese Salt and Pepper Tofu – Veggie Belly
Chinese Potato Pancake – China Sichuan Food
Soups & Salads
Faux Pork Wonton Soup with Bok Choy – Olives for Dinner
Nine Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup – Eats Well With Others
Vegan Chinese Salad – Simple Vegan Blog
Chinese Spinach and Peanut Salad – Omnivore’s Cookbook
Chinese Cucumber Salad – Kalyn’s Kitchen
Vegan Crock Pot Chinese Hot Pot -Noshing with the Nolands
Veggie Chow Mein – Amuse Your Bouche
Roasted Eggplant + Noodles with Chinese Black Vinegar Dressing – My Darling Lemon Thyme
Vegetable Stir Fry Mung Bean Noodles – Healthy Nibbles and Bits
Chinese Five Spice Vegetable and Noodle Stir Fry – The Taste Space
15 Minute Hot Oil Noodles – The Woks of Life
Vegan Dan Dan Noodles – Serious Eats
Vegan Chinese Fried Rice – Simple Vegan Blog
Sriracha Fried Rice – Appetite for China
Vegan Quinoa Fried Rice – Girl Makes Food
Kung Pao Lentils – Vegan Richa
Sweet and Sour Crispy Mock Chicken Stir Fry – Olives for Dinner
Chinese Vegetarian Chicken with Simple Five Spice Sauce – Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
Pineapple and Cashew Stir Fry – Amuse Your Bouche
Sweet and Sour Cauliflower – The Veg Life
Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts – Appetite for China
Mongolian Soy Curls – Vegan Yumminess
Chinese Cabbage and Five-Spice Seitan with Fermented Black Beans – The Taste Space
Sichuan Tofu with Garlic Sauce – Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
Mapo Tofu with Mushrooms – China Sichuan Food
The post 50+ Chinese Inspired Vegan Recipes for Chinese New Year appeared first on Connoisseurus Veg.
- Death toll increases to 64 in Chinese chemical plant blast March 23, 2019March 23 (UPI) --Officials raised the death toll at a chemical plant that exploded in eastern China to 64 on Saturday and announced the rescue of a su […]
- How Chinese parents get kids reading March 23, 2019Beijing: When author Morris Gleitzman ended his talk at a Beijing community library by showing a list of Australians who write books that children lov […]
- US to host Chinese trade delegation starting April 3 March 23, 2019The U.S. will host a delegation from China led by Vice Premier Liu He early next month, following a trip by U.S. officials to China in an effort to im […]
- How the Navy Wants to Take on Russian and Chinese Submarines: Robot Subs March 23, 2019Could that be the future? How the Navy Wants to Take on Russian and Chinese Submarines: Robot Subs The Navy is bulking up its fleet of autonomous robo […]
- EU leaders to discuss stronger shield against Chinese influence March 23, 2019BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union will weigh a more defensive strategy on China on Thursday, signalling a possible end to the unfettered access […]