Detailed recipe in English:
Akki rotti or rice roti recipe explained in this video with Kannada narration and English subtitles. This akki rotti or rice roti is prepared using leftover rice, rice flour and salt. This type of akki rotti or rice rotti using leftover rice is very popular in Coorg and malnad region of Karnataka.
- Embark on a cuisine tour to taste local delicacies August 2, 2019Some items on the menu will include, ragi mudde, bisi bele bath, benne masala dosa, akki rotti, and nati koli saaru. This will be accompanied by sight […]
- Make your dishes sing with spring onions July 12, 2019Easier to chop and faster to cook, spring onions are a delight to work with. They are packed with so much flavour it is a criminal waste to restrict t […]
- Dasara festival: Mahouts treated to a sumptuous lunch September 21, 2018So we wanted them to be happy and hosted the special meal for them,” the minister said. The spread included akki rotti yenne gaayi and red chutney, on […]
- Palimar Mutt seer performs Akki Muhurtha January 21, 2017Akki (rice) Muhurtha is the second of four rituals in the run ... “There are three important temples of the Vaishnava Bhakti and Udupi Sri Krishna Tem […]
- Rice in all its goodness August 1, 2016At the corner of the street, I reach a small stall dishing out crispy akki rottis. Sunita, the chef crafting these crispy delights says, “We use rice […]