Aloo aur Shakarkand ki Chaat, is a good example of how versatile and delicious the humble potato and sweet potato can be.
Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website |
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Aloo aur Shakarkand ki Chaat
Most of us consider sweet potatoes to be a very boring vegetable, only to be eaten during religious fasts and then too, it is only baked or boiled before it is peeled and eaten. This recipe is a good example of how versatile and delicious the humble potato and sweet potato can be. If you omit the radish in this recipe, you can also eat this dish when "fasting".
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 4 minutes.
Makes 4 plates.
2 cups boiled and peeled potato cubes
2 cups boiled and peeled sweet potato (shakarkand) cubes
4 tbsp oil
6 tbsp khajur imli ki chutney
4 tbsp green chutney
1 cup beaten curds (dahi)
Black salt (sanchal)
Roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
Salt to taste
For the garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Heat the oil in a broad not-stick pan, add the potatoes and sweet potatoes and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minute or till they turn golden brown in colour, while stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from the flame and divide into 4 equal portions.
3. Place a portion of the prepared mixture in a serving plate and top with 1½ tbsp of khajur imli ki chutney, 1 tbsp green chutney and ¼ cup of curds evenly over it.
4. Sprinkle a little black salt, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and salt evenly over it.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more plates.
Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Handy Tip: While boiling potatoes and sweet potatoes, make sure boil them in salted water.
- Priyanka Chopra’s First Boyfriend When She Entered Bollywood… And Other Unknown Facts July 18, 2019She loves Indian delicacies, the more calorie-filled, the better. Her favourite used to be aloo ka paratha with ghee swimming on top. We’ve shared thi […]
- Mumbai tragedy: Debris, death, despair again July 16, 2019However, Safdar Karmali, trustee of Aloo Paroo Trust, said, “The trust owned both the buildings, of which one was vacated, and one collapsed. The buil […]
- Indian Cooking Hacks: 6 Easy And Delicious Ways To Make Aloo Paratha July 16, 2019The Punjabi flat-bread stuffed with spiced potato mix, topped with a dollop of butter is a sensation across the country. ... […]
- Here are Briargate's 3 newest businesses to open July 15, 2019and vegetarian options like Aloo Gobi (cauliflower and fresh green peas stir-fried with potatoes, chili, turmeric, onions and tomato). Urban Tandoor c […]
- ‘Days of My China Dragon’: Eat, pray, serve July 12, 2019One of the best meals I ever had was with a college friend who was slowly losing his mind. We ate the most scrumptious aloo parathas late on a wintry […]