Aloo aur Shakarkand ki Chaat, is a good example of how versatile and delicious the humble potato and sweet potato can be.
Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website |
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Aloo aur Shakarkand ki Chaat
Most of us consider sweet potatoes to be a very boring vegetable, only to be eaten during religious fasts and then too, it is only baked or boiled before it is peeled and eaten. This recipe is a good example of how versatile and delicious the humble potato and sweet potato can be. If you omit the radish in this recipe, you can also eat this dish when "fasting".
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 4 minutes.
Makes 4 plates.
2 cups boiled and peeled potato cubes
2 cups boiled and peeled sweet potato (shakarkand) cubes
4 tbsp oil
6 tbsp khajur imli ki chutney
4 tbsp green chutney
1 cup beaten curds (dahi)
Black salt (sanchal)
Roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
Salt to taste
For the garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Heat the oil in a broad not-stick pan, add the potatoes and sweet potatoes and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minute or till they turn golden brown in colour, while stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from the flame and divide into 4 equal portions.
3. Place a portion of the prepared mixture in a serving plate and top with 1½ tbsp of khajur imli ki chutney, 1 tbsp green chutney and ¼ cup of curds evenly over it.
4. Sprinkle a little black salt, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and salt evenly over it.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more plates.
Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Handy Tip: While boiling potatoes and sweet potatoes, make sure boil them in salted water.
- ‘Days of My China Dragon’: Eat, pray, serve July 12, 2019One of the best meals I ever had was with a college friend who was slowly losing his mind. We ate the most scrumptious aloo parathas late on a wintry […]
- Aloo Gobi July 9, 20191. Place the oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and saute till they are soft, approximately five minutes. 2. Add the cu […]
- Ditch the takeaway in favour of this healthy aloo gobi July 9, 2019Whenever I have plenty of vegetables that need cooking, I look to Indian recipes for inspiration. Indian cuisine has a fantastic array of vegetarian d […]
- How to make Romy Gill's vegan aloo and gajar sabzi July 5, 2019A sabzi is a vegetable based dish in Indian cooking, which benefits from being able to use pretty much any vegetable in it, so it can be a great dish […]
- Watch: Move Over Aloo Paratha! Treat Your Family With This Delish Aloo Naan Instead July 3, 2019Naan can be of any kind; you can have it plain or stuff it with veggies or nuts of your choice. In this recipe, noted food blogger and YouTuber Manjul […]