Aloo aur Shakarkand ki Chaat, is a good example of how versatile and delicious the humble potato and sweet potato can be.
Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website |
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Aloo aur Shakarkand ki Chaat
Most of us consider sweet potatoes to be a very boring vegetable, only to be eaten during religious fasts and then too, it is only baked or boiled before it is peeled and eaten. This recipe is a good example of how versatile and delicious the humble potato and sweet potato can be. If you omit the radish in this recipe, you can also eat this dish when "fasting".
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 4 minutes.
Makes 4 plates.
2 cups boiled and peeled potato cubes
2 cups boiled and peeled sweet potato (shakarkand) cubes
4 tbsp oil
6 tbsp khajur imli ki chutney
4 tbsp green chutney
1 cup beaten curds (dahi)
Black salt (sanchal)
Roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
Salt to taste
For the garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Heat the oil in a broad not-stick pan, add the potatoes and sweet potatoes and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minute or till they turn golden brown in colour, while stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from the flame and divide into 4 equal portions.
3. Place a portion of the prepared mixture in a serving plate and top with 1½ tbsp of khajur imli ki chutney, 1 tbsp green chutney and ¼ cup of curds evenly over it.
4. Sprinkle a little black salt, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and salt evenly over it.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more plates.
Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Handy Tip: While boiling potatoes and sweet potatoes, make sure boil them in salted water.
- Spicy Aloo Naan- Recipe August 18, 2019The Spicy Aloo Naan Recipe is a twist to a traditional naan where the addition of spiced potatoes and garlic gives a delicious taste.The Naan is super […]
- Rohan and I are great friends; I don’t want anything more: Hiba Nawab August 17, 2019Enjoying the beautiful wet weather in the city, the young actor confesses, “For me, rains are all about family time, enjoying aloo, pyaz and baigan pa […]
- How ‘Blinded by the Light’ finds common ground between Bruce Springsteen and a Pakistani-British teenager August 17, 2019It’s somewhat amusing to hear, given how many scenes in Chadha’s most successful film to date, “Bend It Like Beckham,” involve the protagonist Jess’s […]
- Recipe: Halloumi pakoras with daal, aloo chaat chips and chilli jam August 14, 2019"That is so typically you," a friend laughed at me over dinner this week. Why the cruel (OK funny) jibes? Well, I was explaining the origins […]
- Sara Ali Khan's boyfriend Kartik Aryan goes crazy for Aloo tikki; Check out August 10, 2019Sara Ali Khan's boyfriend Kartik Aryan goes crazy for Aloo tikki. Kartik was recently caught enjoying Kachoris at famous Bajpai Kachori Wala in L […]