Aloo aur Shakarkand ki Chaat, is a good example of how versatile and delicious the humble potato and sweet potato can be.
Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website |
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Aloo aur Shakarkand ki Chaat
Most of us consider sweet potatoes to be a very boring vegetable, only to be eaten during religious fasts and then too, it is only baked or boiled before it is peeled and eaten. This recipe is a good example of how versatile and delicious the humble potato and sweet potato can be. If you omit the radish in this recipe, you can also eat this dish when "fasting".
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 4 minutes.
Makes 4 plates.
2 cups boiled and peeled potato cubes
2 cups boiled and peeled sweet potato (shakarkand) cubes
4 tbsp oil
6 tbsp khajur imli ki chutney
4 tbsp green chutney
1 cup beaten curds (dahi)
Black salt (sanchal)
Roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
Salt to taste
For the garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Heat the oil in a broad not-stick pan, add the potatoes and sweet potatoes and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minute or till they turn golden brown in colour, while stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from the flame and divide into 4 equal portions.
3. Place a portion of the prepared mixture in a serving plate and top with 1½ tbsp of khajur imli ki chutney, 1 tbsp green chutney and ¼ cup of curds evenly over it.
4. Sprinkle a little black salt, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and salt evenly over it.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more plates.
Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Handy Tip: While boiling potatoes and sweet potatoes, make sure boil them in salted water.
- Summer delights from bengal come to city June 14, 2019BENGALURU: Rice, ghee, aloo sheddho (mashed potato), dal, aloo bhaja (crispy potato fries) – having the all-essential potato dishes on the menu, somet […]
- How to make Sabudana aloo tikki recipe June 12, 2019Sago (sabudana) soaked - 2 cups Potatoes boiled and mashed - 3 medium Rock salt (sendha namak) to taste Roasted peanuts crushed - 1/2 cup Sesame seeds […]
- The Sneaky, Easy Trick to My Mom’s Perfect Aloo Gobi June 10, 2019I’ve noticed that aloo gobi is the one Indian dish (aside from butter chicken and anything that’s labeled “tikka masala,” which...don’t get me started […]
- Roasted Aloo Gobi (Potatoes and Cauliflower) June 10, 2019Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Toss potatoes and cauliflower with 3 Tbsp. oil on prepared sheet. Spread in an even layer […]
- Priya Makes Roasted Aloo Gobi June 10, 2019Join Priya Krishna in the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen as she makes her mom's roasted cauliflower and potato aloo gobi. Too often aloo gobi is mushy […]