Fried Capsicum in Schezuan Sauce, simple but fantastic chinese starter!!
Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal App:
Fried Capsicum in Schezuan Sauce
Crunchy and tasty to the core, Fried Capsicum in Schezuan Sauce is a brilliant creation, which you can serve as a starter or an accompaniment to the main course. It features batter-coated and deep-fried strips of capsicum, tossed with scrumptious ingredients like spring onions, ginger and green chillies, not to forget the Schezuan sauce, which gives it the characteristic Oriental touch. Enjoy this exciting dish fresh and hot to relish its amazing texture.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
1½ cups capsicum strips
Oil for deep-frying
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
½ tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
¼ cup finely chopped spring onion whites
¼ cup finely chopped spring onion greens
¼ cup Schezuan Sauce
Salt to taste
To be mixed into a smooth thick batter
½ cup plain flour (maida)
½ cup cornflour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
5 tbsp water (approx.)
For the garnish
½ tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, dip a few capsicum strips at a time in the prepared batter and deep-fry on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
2. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the spring onion whites, greens and Schezuan sauce and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
5. Add the fried capsicum and a little salt, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
- Keurig Dr Pepper pulls mineral water over arsenic levels June 25, 2019June 25 (UPI) --Keurig Dr Pepper has pulled a brand of bottled water off store shelves after testing showed they may contain dangerous levels of the d […]
- Use Roasted Garlic for This Three Ingredient Pasta Sauce June 20, 2019If you start with a super flavorful ingredient—like roasted garlic ... oil (try pistachio), or you can add parmesan, or fresh pepper, or chili flakes, […]
- Ice Cream! Dress it up using ingredients you’re sure to have on hand June 18, 2019We’ll take some easily scared up ingredients and arrange them so beautifully on the ... Sift over it some powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar or finely g […]
- Win a 3-year bursary with Capsicum's Chef Talent Scout competition June 18, 2019Following the judging, finalists will be chosen to participate in a cook-off in July at the Capsicum campus closest to them, where they will have to p […]
- The Kitchn: These 5-ingredient sandwiches are the best road trip food you can make June 18, 2019With a handful of pantry ingredients and a few minutes of prep ... Thinly slice 1 hard-boiled egg, and place on the bottom half the of baguette. Sprin […]