Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Mexican Bread Rolls
Well, you would have tasted Mexican food in many forms such as tortillas and quesadillas. Here is a much simpler snack that nevertheless has an unmistakable Mexican touch to it. The Mexican Bread Rolls feature bread, deep-fried with a filling of sweet corn, capsicum and cheese bound with milk and flour, and flavoured with red chilli flakes. Serve fresh and hot, with tomato ketchup, for a succulent snack that everybody will enjoy.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 11 bread rolls.
11 bread slices
Oil for deep-frying
For the filling
¼ cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
2 tbsp grated processed cheese1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp plain flour (maida)
½ cup milk
½ tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
salt to taste
For the filling
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
2. Add the milk and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously till no lumps remain or till the sauce turns thick.
3. Add the corn, capsicum, cheese, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
4. Transfer the mixture into another bowl and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Remove the crust from all the bread slices and roll each slice with help of a rolling pin.
2. Apply some water at the edges of a bread slice.
3. Place ½ tbsp of the filling in the centre of the bread slice, roll it up tightly and press the edges well to seal the stuffing.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 10 more bread rolls.
5. Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the bread rolls, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
6. Drain on absorbent paper and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
- Simple summer recipes: Citrusy chicken, herb salad and pull-apart bread June 25, 2019Chef James Kent of Crown Shy restaurant in New York City is stopping by the TODAY kitchen to share a few of his go-to simple summer recipes. He shows […]
- This Lentil Burger Recipe Is Perfect for Meal Prep and Easy Weeknight Dinners June 24, 2019I still wanted to do a weeknight-friendly vegan burger with a simple ingredient list, and I wanted to use lentils ever since I had the lentil burger a […]
- Pull-Apart Olive Bread June 24, 2019You want to maintain the seams between them when the bread rises to accomplish the pull-apart effect. Swap option: You could make this recipe without […]
- Regenerative Bread Camp June 23-24 June 24, 2019Scale bread flour and water into the mixing bowl ... You can hear from him in the video player above, and get some recipes below. The Monarch Club is […]
- Global Bread and Bakery Product Market 2019: Key Players, Trends, Sale, Supply, Segmentation And Forecast To 2025 June 24, 2019The Bread and Bakery Product report also provides an in-depth ... Often, they innovate by introducing new tastes by blending the traditional recipe wi […]