Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup
Sometimes cold and cough can get into your head and make you so drowsy, you do not feel like doing or even eating anything! At times like that, try out this hot and spicy Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup that is sure to satiate you, meet your nutrient requirements with a horde of veggies, and refresh your palate with the peppy flavours of mint and coriander. Not only that, ingredients like mint, ginger, garlic and pepper are also very helpful in chasing away the worst of colds! Have it steaming hot to free those horrid nose blocks too.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes.
Cooking Time: 6 minutes.
¼ cup finely chopped cauliflower
¼ cup finely chopped carrot
¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
¼ cup finely chopped tomatoes
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves (phudina)
2 tbsp finely coriander (dhania)
2 tsp lemon juice
1. Heat the oil in a wok or a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add all the vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add 3 cups of hot water, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from the flame, add the mint leaves, coriander and lemon juice and mix well.
- Joining the 1 per cent who donate 1 per cent of their wages to charity July 20, 2019His offsider Dallas Gopi says it is pretty clear funders played a waiting game for three years ... "As for making donations 'go as far as po […]
- Mama Wong review: Szechuan cuisine brings spice to a suburban strip mall, all thanks to a pharma tycoon July 20, 2019There is wonton soup, too, but it’s served in the seafood-centric Shanghai ... whose thin-sliced pads crinkle from the heat over crunchy enoki mushroo […]
- Cut rice noodle soup (Cambodia) July 19, 2019In a small bowl, cover 40g of the dried shrimp with water. Let stand for 30 minutes before draining. In a large soup pot, combine the soaked shrimp, p […]
- The path made clear July 18, 2019While tales of breathtaking landscapes, undulating hills and boisterous oceans might be chicken soup for the soul, people need to see things for thems […]
- Smith: Cold soup a summertime favorite July 17, 2019This classic Spanish soup is one of the few soups that is served chilled ... gazpacho is often served as an appetizer or even as a “shooter,” which is […]