Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Bhindi Masala Gravy
This is an awesome Bhindi Masala Gravy that feels special, due to an interplay of method and ingredients. Sautéed bhindi is cooked with a flavour-packed tomato paste, a medley of spices and a dash of fresh cream. Herbs like coriander and fenugreek complement the tanginess of the tomatoes, bringing out a vibrant aroma and flavour. This is a really wonderful way to prepare ladies finger, resplendent with the magic of Indian spices.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes.
2½ cups ladies finger (bhindi), cut into 1” pieces
3 tbsp oil
1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
1 cardamom (elaichi)
½ cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
¼ tsp garam masala
½ tsp sugar
Salt to taste
1 tbsp fresh cream
½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
To be blended into a smooth tomato paste (without using water)
1 cup roughly chopped tomatoes
½ tsp chopped ginger (adrak)
2 tbsp roughly chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tbsp roughly chopped green chillies
¼ cup curds (dahi)
2 cloves (laung / lavang)
1 cardamom (elaichi)
1 small stick cinnamon (dalchini)
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the ladies finger and sauté on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till light brown in colour.
2. Remove in a plate and keep aside.
3. In the same deep non-stick, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil, add the bayleaf and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 4 minutes or till the turn golden brown in colour.
5. Add the chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, prepared tomato paste, garam masala, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
6. Add the sautéed ladies finger, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Add ¾ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
8. Add the fresh cream, dried fenugreek leaves and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Indian Cooking Tips: How To Make Gujarati Papad Ki Sabzi At Home July 24, 2019Many of us see papad as a delectable side dish, but did you know that the crunchy wonder is extremely versatile and can even pass off as a star ingred […]
- Once upon a cool hill Summer time June 7, 2019Yellow daal, bhindi ki sabzi and zeera aaloo were favourites with all three of us and so were the amazing stuffed parathas Samru Kaka gave us with rai […]
- Fibre-Rich Veg Recipe: Try This Healthy And Delicious Kachche Kele (Raw Banana) Ki Subzi Recipe (Video) May 28, 2019Kachcha kela is quite delicious and nutritious as well and can be turned into numerous delicacies, and a subzi or a spicy vegetarian accompaniment for […]
- A Firang Food Channel Called Gulab Jamun, ‘Fried Doughnuts’ & Desi Twitter Said Bas Bahut Hua! May 28, 2018A gulab jamun by any other name would taste as sweet. […]
- Harmanpreet Kaur's mother to treat her with 'bhindi ki sabzi' on returning home July 25, 2017Star batswoman Harmanpreet Kaur's family offered early morning prayers at a Gurdwara in their native town Moga in Punjab yesterday where they pra […]