Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Broccoli and Cheese Balls
Broccoli looks so good and tastes so good in this starter, you will fall head over heels in love with it! Broccoli and cheese, thoughtfully combined with potatoes, result in an irresistible starter that is crisp outside and succulently indulgent inside. The vibrant colour of broccoli stands out, making the Broccoli and Cheese Balls a visual trend-setter too! Make these and many more perfect party appetizers like Baby Corn Hara Masala , Corn Fritters , Creamy Mushroom Tartlets , Mini Chilli Cheese Naan , Pasta Cheese Balls .
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
Makes 10 balls.
For Broccoli and Cheese Balls
1 cup finely chopped broccoli
10 small mozzarella cheese cubes
1 tbsp oil
½ cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
2 tbsp cornflour
¾ cup boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
Salt to taste
Bread crumbs for rolling
Oil for deep-frying
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Trasnfer into a deep bowl and cool slightly.
4. Add the cornflour, potatoes and salt and mix well.
5. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
6. Press a little in the center of each round to make a depression. Place a cheese cube in the center of each round.
7. Bring all the sides together to seal it, and roll again to form a ball.
8. Roll each ball in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
9. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep fry a few balls at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- The 15 Best Foods to Eat After Running July 22, 2019Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms ... an electrolyte lost in sweat during exercise (22). Top cottage cheese with fresh berries, peach […]
- Pesto 50 ways July 20, 2019each milk and grated parmesan cheese. Form into small balls and cook in a nonstick skillet with olive ... cooked tortellini and 2 C. steamed broccoli. […]
- We try out the Sunday lunch carvery at a Notts garden centre - and here's the verdict July 19, 2019It's more homely rather than swish, decorated with fairylights, ivy and topiary balls, and family photos - not humans ... while the carrots, broc […]
- Donna's Mediterranean pasta, tomato, asparagus, broccoli salad with basil dressing July 17, 2019You may also want to add black olives, mozzarella cheese balls, salmon, shrimp ... Add asparagus tips and broccoli to the boiling water and boil for 3 […]
- What's Cooking: Sausage ravioli and broccoli rabe April 3, 2019Saute the broccoli rabe with shallots and the leftover oil from the roasted garlic. -Chop the garlic into paste. Combine altogether and parmesan chees […]