Recipe Link : -(-Beetroot-Pulao)-40373r
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
A nice, bright pink rice that is sure to attract your kids, the Beetroot Rice is an attractive preparation of rice and grated beetroot perked up with assorted spices. Onions add flavour and crunch to this sumptuous dish, which is quick and easy to prepare in the morning. Ensure that the Beetroot Rice is completely cool before you pack it in the box. Sipping Mint Chaas along with the Beetroot Rice is sure to satiate your kids taste buds and tummy! So do pack some in a thermos flask. Check out our collection of many more amazing tiffin box recipes like Rice and Moong Dal Idli, Pasta in Tomato Sauce, Stuffed Hot Dog Rolls, Broccoli Paratha and many more.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
For beetroot rice
¾ cup grated beetroot
2 cups cooked rice (chawal) or leftover rice
1½ tbsp peanut oil
1 cardamom (elaichi)
1 clove (laung / lavang)
1 small stick cinnamon (dalchini)
1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
½ cup sliced onions
½ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
½ tsp coriander (dhania) powder
¼ tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
Salt to taste
For beetroot rice
1. To make beetroot rice, heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cardamom, clove, cinnamon, bayleaf and cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin seeds powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
4. Add the beetroot and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Discard the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and bayleaf.
How to pack beetroot rice
Allow the beetroot rice to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
- Delicious Skincare Recipes For A Natural, Radiant Glow July 19, 2019Beet and Vitamin A Serum Shot from SWEET CHEF SKINCARE Photo ... Turmeric Root Extracts give this serum brightening boost. The founders of GLOW RECIPE […]
- High Blood Pressure: 5 Smoothie recipes which can help to lower hypertension July 19, 20195. Beets- Ginger smoothie Ginger's active compounds and volatile oils and Beetroots' antioxidants and other minerals can work wonders for hi […]
- Chukander Ki Jalebi Recipe July 18, 2019About Chukander Ki Jalebi Recipe: A perfect treat for all the dessert lovers. A healthier jalebi packed with the goodness of beetroot along with white […]
- Recipe | Pickled Beet Hummus July 17, 2019Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth – about 3 minutes. Transfer the hummus to a small bowl and drizzle with addition […]
- How to maximize beets’ sweet, earthy flavor without mess July 17, 2019We sought a streamlined stovetop recipe for beets that maximized their sweet, earthy flavorwith minimal mess. Braising worked perfectly. We partially […]