Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Butterscotch Ice Cream
Yes, here were tell you how to make the ever-popular Butterscotch Ice-Cream! Loved by kids and adults alike, this rich ice-cream has a mellow flavour balanced wonderfully by the sweet crunch of the crushed praline. The praline, made with cashews and sugar, gives a delectable texture and rich flavour to the ice-cream. Relish this treat slow and steady, hunting out the praline chunks in each mouthful and biting into them slowly to let their flavour swirl into the rest of the ice-cream creating magic on your palate.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 17 minutes.
Makes 5 scoops.
For the praline
½ cup sugar
½ cup powdered cashewnuts (kaju)
1 tsp butter
Oil for greasing
For the ice-cream
2½ cups milk
½ cup condensed milk
¼ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup milk powder
½ tsp butterscotch essence
For the praline
1. Heat the sugar in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 5 to7 minutes or till the sugar melts, while stirring continuously.
2. Remove from the flame, add the cashewnuts and butter and mix well.
3. Grease a flat, smooth surface with a little oil, spread the mixture on it and allow it to cool and harden.
4. Scrape it out using a palate knife and coarsely powder it using a mortar-pestle (khalbatta). Keep aside.
For the ice-cream
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the butterscotch essence, and whisk together so that no lumps remain.
2. Bring to boil in a non-stick pan and simmer for 7 minutes, while stirring continuously and scrapping the sides of the pan.
3. Cool completely, add the butterscotch essence and mix well.
4. Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and store in the freezer compartment for 6 hours or till semi-set.
5. Remove the semi-set ice-cream from the freezer, transfer it into a mixer and blend till smooth.
6. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the prepared praline and mix well.
7. Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and store in the freezer compartment for approx. 10 hours or till set.
8. Scoop and serve.
- Stranger Things are Happening at Baskin-Robbins June 19, 2019topped with strings of fudge and M&Ms Chocolate Candy Christmas lights USS Butterscotch Quarts butterscotch flavored ice cream loaded with butters […]
- Dairy Day unveils Chilli Guava stick; Available at 30,000-plus outlets June 18, 2019It has market favourites such as vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, pista, butterscotch and mango, among others, along with its own unique flavours, such […]
- Senior Menus: June 17-21, 2019 June 14, 2019Monday: Bacon cheeseburger, sweet potato puffs, buttered broccoli, orange creamsicle floats, butterscotch pudding ... Friday: Roast turkey with gravy, […]
- 'Stranger Things 3' Has Enough Tie-In Merch to Turn Your Bank Account Upside Down June 13, 2019The chain is releasing Eleven’s Heaven—a waffle cone ice cream that references the character's preferred meal—and Upside Down Pralines, which is […]
- Like ice cream? PA trail stops in York, Lebanon, Franklin counties June 12, 2019Windy Knoll has won the Golden Scoop Award for Best Ice Cream at Scoop-a-Palooza four straight years. The shop’s popularity might have something to do […]