Frozen Muskmelon Yoghurt,
Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website |
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Frozen Muskmelon Yoghurt
The Frozen Melon Yoghurt is a creamy dessert with an aesthetic flavour and sweet aroma. Hung curds and cream are mixed with dainty muskmelon balls and deep-frozen. Using the muskmelons as balls instead of smaller cubes gives the dessert a nice appearance and also brings about a nice fruity contrast to the creamy curd mixture, which will be noticeable only if the pieces are chunky. Remember to take the frozen mixture out of the deep freezer and keep it in the fridge two hours before serving. Only then you will get the right consistency. You can make variants of this delicious dessert using plums and strawberries as well. If you are a fan of fruity desserts, try your hand at other mouth-watering treats like the Mango Yoghurt and Strawberry Yoghurt too.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: Nil.
2 cups muskmelon balls
1 cup hung curds (dahi)
¾ cup fresh cream
7 tsp castor sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
1. Combine the curds, fresh cream, castor sugar and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and whisk well till smooth.
2. Add the muskmelon balls and mix well using a spatula.
3. Pour the mixture into an air-tight plastic container and freeze for 8 hours, while mixing once in between.
4. Remove 2 hours prior to serving and keep in the refrigerator, mix well to break all ice crystals and serve.
- Latin American countries top for sugary drink intake June 18, 2019where both commercial and homemade sugar-sweetened beverages and fruit drinks are widely consumed ," said lead study author Laura Lara-Castor, a […]
- Brown bread and apple pudding June 17, 2019Toss the apple slices in 25g of the caster sugar and lay them in the base of a 2½ litre baking dish. The shape of the dish is up to you. Butter the br […]
- Liam Charles' recipe for Marvel-inspired fruit pastilles June 15, 2019Put the fruit in a saucepan with 80g of the caster sugar and a generous splash of water, and cook gently until the berries have softened. Blitz the fr […]
- Coconut cake June 12, 2019Grease two 20cm/8in sandwich tins and line the bases with buttered baking paper. Cream the butter and caster sugar together for 3–4 minutes, or until […]
- Recipes Father’s Day Feast June 12, 2019You’ll need: For the Blueberry sauce: 200g blueberries, 25g caster sugar For the pancakes: 2 free range eggs, separated, 50g self-raising flour, 50g r […]