Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal App:
Tarla Dalal Blogspot:
Crispy outside and soft inside, these scrumptious Poha Bhajias are perfect for a rainy day. Curd imparts a nice tangy flavour to the beaten rice, while an assortment of nutritious veggies add to the taste and volume of these bhajias. The curd also plays an important role in increasingly the crispiness of these besan-bound bhajias, while the tempering imparts a traditional yet tempting aroma to this delicious snack.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
1 cup beaten rice (poha)
½ cup whisked curds (dahi) mixed with ½ cup of water
½ cup grated bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki)
½ cup grated carrot
¼ cup boiled green peas
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
½ tsp chilli powder
5 tbsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
Salt to taste
For the tempering
1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai / sarson)
2 tsp sesame seeds (til)
2 pinches of asafoetida (hing)
Oil for deep-frying
Tomato ketchup / Green chutney
1.Place the poha in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Keep aside for 2 minutes for the water to drain out completely.
2. Combine the soaked and drained poha, curds-water mixture in a deep bowl, mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and keep aside.
4. For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
5. When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida, and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
6. Remove from flame, add this tempering to the poha mixture and mix well.
7. Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and drop spoonfuls of the mixture using your fingers and deep-fry, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
8. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make more bhajias. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
Serve immediately with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- On-Page Vs. Off-Page SEO: What’s the Difference? August 16, 2019The higher the ranking, the more likely people see your website first. For on-page SEO, it’s important your content includes strong, relevant keywords […]
- Social Media Monitoring to look for keywords to stop threats August 15, 2019Florida law enforcement officers, school administrators and state leaders will soon be able to monitor some parts of your child's online activity […]
- Social Media Monitoring Tool to look for keywords to avoid threats in Florida schools August 15, 2019Florida law enforcement officers, school administrators and state leaders will soon be able to monitor some parts of your child's online activity […]
- Trending domain name keywords: text, glasses, insurance, wedding August 14, 2019The top 10 trending keywords registered in .COM and .NET domain names during the month of July 2019 were published by Verisign, the .com and .net regi […]
- How to Find the Right Keywords For Your Content Strategy in 7 Steps August 14, 2019SEO is a crucial component of a successful content strategy. In addition to giving your content all that sweet, sweet organic traffic, it increases yo […]