Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal App:
Tarla Dalal Blogspot:
Crispy outside and soft inside, these scrumptious Poha Bhajias are perfect for a rainy day. Curd imparts a nice tangy flavour to the beaten rice, while an assortment of nutritious veggies add to the taste and volume of these bhajias. The curd also plays an important role in increasingly the crispiness of these besan-bound bhajias, while the tempering imparts a traditional yet tempting aroma to this delicious snack.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
1 cup beaten rice (poha)
½ cup whisked curds (dahi) mixed with ½ cup of water
½ cup grated bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki)
½ cup grated carrot
¼ cup boiled green peas
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
½ tsp chilli powder
5 tbsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
Salt to taste
For the tempering
1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai / sarson)
2 tsp sesame seeds (til)
2 pinches of asafoetida (hing)
Oil for deep-frying
Tomato ketchup / Green chutney
1.Place the poha in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Keep aside for 2 minutes for the water to drain out completely.
2. Combine the soaked and drained poha, curds-water mixture in a deep bowl, mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and keep aside.
4. For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
5. When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida, and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
6. Remove from flame, add this tempering to the poha mixture and mix well.
7. Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and drop spoonfuls of the mixture using your fingers and deep-fry, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
8. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make more bhajias. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
Serve immediately with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- Twitter to Soon Explain Why Certain Tweets Are Unavailable July 20, 2019This is usually due to deleted or protected Tweets, or muted keywords,” Twitter Support posted on Friday. “In a few weeks, you’ll start seeing more co […]
- Citation Building Still Matters for Local SEO and We Have Proof July 19, 2019Your business isn’t appearing when you search for your keywords on Google, and that’s a real bummer. Or, maybe your competitors are simply out-ranking […]
- Water-related keywords top Google search over the last 15 months, finds SEMrush Study July 18, 2019As the reality struck home, Indians turned to Google to understand the gravity of the water crisis, shows the study by online visibility management pl […]
- Should You Worry About Keywords Studios plc's (LON:KWS) CEO Salary Level? July 11, 2019Want to participate in a short research study? Help shape the future of investing tools and you could win a $250 gift card! Andrew Day has been the CE […]
- Verisign’s Top trending keywords in June – Libra, Casino July 9, 2019Verisign released their top 10 trending keywords for June and no surprise, the top spot was Libra. I wrote a couple articles last month on people regi […]