Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Peri Peri Masala
Peri Peri or Piri Piri in Swahili means Pepper Pepper! In Spain and Portugal, the term traditionally referred to spicy sauces and chilli-based powders used in barbeques. However, over time, the term has become popular globally as a spice mix that is mixed with French fries. With chilli powder and flakes, garlic, spice powders and herbs, this Peri Peri Masala is sure to tickle your taste buds. You can prepare it and store it in an airtight container in the fridge, so you can toss it into your French fries or Makahana any time to enjoy a fiery treat.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes. Cooking Time: Nil. Makes ¼ cup.
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
2½ tsp chilli powder
2 tsp garlic (lehsun) powder
⅛ tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
⅛ tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
½ tsp ginger (adrak) powder
½ tsp powdered sugar
1 tsp black salt (sanchal)
Salt to taste
1. Combine the oregano and chilli flakes in a mortar-pestle (khalbhatta) and powder them coarsely.
2. Transfer it into a deep bowl.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients to the deep bowl and mix well.
4. Transfer it into an air-tight container. Its stays fresh upto 1 month when refrigerated.
5. Use as required.
- 16 Easy High-Protein Summer Dinners with 5 Ingredients or Less June 16, 2019It adds a ton of complex flavor to this easy grilled chicken recipe, too. This easy, protein-packed stovetop dinner is perfect for summer, especially […]
- 34 Easy Father's Day Brunch Recipes Your Dad Will Love Waking Up To June 15, 2019Celebrate Dad with a crazy-good brunch anyone can make. Between cheesy breakfast burgers, over-the-top pancake stacks, and healthier egg casseroles, t […]
- WV Culinary Team: Easy-as-pie recipes for fresh tomatoes June 15, 2019Temperatures are beginning to soar, and tomato season is off to a great start. Tomatoes are one of summer’s most flavorful treats, especially when the […]
- 37 Ground Turkey Recipes To Make When You Need A Cheap and Easy Dinner June 15, 2019Who says turkey is only for Thanksgiving? Ground turkey is a super low-cost meat that's easy to make, and adds lean protein to pasta, taco salads […]
- Easy recipes: Spicy, saucy chicken wings June 15, 2019Deep fried or baked, hot and crunchy or sweet and spicy -- however you like them, chicken wings are the ultimate game or movie food. Put them in a bow […]