Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Peri Peri Masala
Peri Peri or Piri Piri in Swahili means Pepper Pepper! In Spain and Portugal, the term traditionally referred to spicy sauces and chilli-based powders used in barbeques. However, over time, the term has become popular globally as a spice mix that is mixed with French fries. With chilli powder and flakes, garlic, spice powders and herbs, this Peri Peri Masala is sure to tickle your taste buds. You can prepare it and store it in an airtight container in the fridge, so you can toss it into your French fries or Makahana any time to enjoy a fiery treat.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes. Cooking Time: Nil. Makes ¼ cup.
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
2½ tsp chilli powder
2 tsp garlic (lehsun) powder
⅛ tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
⅛ tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
½ tsp ginger (adrak) powder
½ tsp powdered sugar
1 tsp black salt (sanchal)
Salt to taste
1. Combine the oregano and chilli flakes in a mortar-pestle (khalbhatta) and powder them coarsely.
2. Transfer it into a deep bowl.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients to the deep bowl and mix well.
4. Transfer it into an air-tight container. Its stays fresh upto 1 month when refrigerated.
5. Use as required.
- Sinful Stuffed Pasta Recipes You Need in Your Life August 22, 2019Pasta is a go-to dinner for a reason: It's easy to make, doesn't take long to cook ... Check out these next-level spaghetti recipes. Cheese […]
- 39 Appetizers for a Crowd That Are Easy and Unexpected August 22, 2019Easy: any one of these 39 appetizers for a crowd ... Serve them with maple syrup for dipping and watch them disappear. Get the recipe Deviled eggs are […]
- 3 easy egg recipes for lazy cooks August 22, 2019Presenting the super-lazy versions of 3 delicious egg recipes. Take a dry wok and heat it up till you see smoke coming out of it. Add vegetable oil an […]
- Jamie Stiehm: Heartland recipes for happiness in a Trumpian summer August 22, 2019I felt so much better. A simple pleasure. Some might say sinful. But, reader, this is no time to go gluten-free. I decided to look for more in my Wisc […]
- Make nearly any recipe work for your air fryer with this handy converter August 22, 2019One Reddit user recently shared a handy website that converts almost any recipe into an air fryer-friendly one. (It’s aptly called Airfryercalculator. […]