Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Yummy inside and yummy outside, this dish is tasty through and through! The Paneer Rolls are made with the right mix of paneer and potatoes flavoured with spice powders and pastes, and deep-fried with a batter coating. An innovative idea that adds to the crunchiness of this snack is to roll the batter-coated rolls in bread crumbs before frying. This not only gives the Paneer Roll a very appetizing appearance, it also makes it super crispy. An amazing range of textures such as the succulence of the filling and the crunch of bread crumbs, not to forget the variety of interesting flavours like the spiciness of garam masala and the tanginess of amchur, make this a unique and irresistible snack!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 14 rolls.
1 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
¼ cup boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
¼ cup grated processed cheese
2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
A pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
½ tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
½ cup plain flour (maida)
½ cup bread crumbs for rolling
Oil for deep-frying
1. Combine the paneer, potatoes, cheese, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, dried mango powder, garam masala and salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Combine the plain flour and approx. 3/4 cup of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
3. Divide the paneer-potato mixture into 14 equal portions and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll.
4. Dip each ball into the plain flour-water mixture and roll them in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
5. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes so deep-frying becomes easier.
6. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few rolls at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
7. Serve immediately with Schezuan sauce.
- Recipe of the Week: A Turkish flatbread filled with corn, feta and spinach July 22, 2019David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl, the authors of "Little Green Kitchen: Simple Vegetarian Family Recipes" (Hardie Grant, $29.99), suggest a […]
- 20 Best Indian Chicken Recipes | Easy Chicken Recipes July 22, 2019If your favourite meat is chicken, then there are many lip-smacking options for you to go all out and indulge. Here are our some of the best Indian ch […]
- 12 Easy Ways to Reduce Inflammation Overnight July 22, 2019RELATED: Our Favorite Healthy Salad Recipes Skip the vending machine and sweetened coffee ... the problem is that it’s easy to cross the line from ben […]
- 20 Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight July 22, 2019(For more simple and delicious recipes, check out the Guy Gourmet Cookbook from Men’s Health. It includes 150 power-packed breakfasts, fast dinners, a […]
- National Ice Cream Day: Celebrate with this fun, easy DIY recipe that takes less than 10 minutes July 21, 2019SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- In honor of National Ice Cream Day, we thought we'd celebrate with a little experiment. We went on Facebook live to test h […]