Recipe Link : -(-Gujarati-Recipe)-547r
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
These dhoklas are so soft and spongy that the reference to nylon is really apt! What is more, this recipe is also very easy to implement if you follow these simple instructions properly and practice it a bit. The addition of fruit salt to the batter, and water to the tempering, are the two main factors responsible for the super-soft and spongy nature of this dhokla. Temper just before serving, for the perfect “100/100”!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings (15 piece )
1 1/2 cups besan (bengal gram flour)
1 1/2 tbsp semolina (rava)
4 tsp sugar
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
1 tsp fruit salt
3 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
2 to 3 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 tsp chopped green chillies
For The Garnish
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Combine the besan, semolina, sugar, ginger-green chilli paste, lemon juice and salt with approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk to get a smooth batter.
2. Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and mix lightly.
3. Pour the mixture immediately to a greased 175 mm. (7") diameter thali and spread evenly by rotating the thali clockwise.
4. Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
6. When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
7. Remove from the flame, add ½ cup of water and mix well.
8. Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly.
9. Cut into pieces, garnish with coriander and serve immediately with green chutney.
- Google Shows Photos of Pakistan’s PM Imran Khan While Searching ‘Bhikhari’ August 17, 2019New Delhi: Google’s algorithm has always something interesting up its sleeves while searching for keywords, and the latest victim of its algorithm is […]
- Social Media Monitoring to look for keywords to stop threats August 15, 2019Florida law enforcement officers, school administrators and state leaders will soon be able to monitor some parts of your child's online activity […]
- Social Media Monitoring Tool to look for keywords to avoid threats in Florida schools August 15, 2019Florida law enforcement officers, school administrators and state leaders will soon be able to monitor some parts of your child's online activity […]
- Trending domain name keywords: text, glasses, insurance, wedding August 14, 2019The top 10 trending keywords registered in .COM and .NET domain names during the month of July 2019 were published by Verisign, the .com and .net regi […]
- How to Find the Right Keywords For Your Content Strategy in 7 Steps August 14, 2019SEO is a crucial component of a successful content strategy. In addition to giving your content all that sweet, sweet organic traffic, it increases yo […]