Recipe Link : -(-Gujarati-Recipe)-547r
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
These dhoklas are so soft and spongy that the reference to nylon is really apt! What is more, this recipe is also very easy to implement if you follow these simple instructions properly and practice it a bit. The addition of fruit salt to the batter, and water to the tempering, are the two main factors responsible for the super-soft and spongy nature of this dhokla. Temper just before serving, for the perfect “100/100”!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings (15 piece )
1 1/2 cups besan (bengal gram flour)
1 1/2 tbsp semolina (rava)
4 tsp sugar
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
1 tsp fruit salt
3 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
2 to 3 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 tsp chopped green chillies
For The Garnish
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Combine the besan, semolina, sugar, ginger-green chilli paste, lemon juice and salt with approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk to get a smooth batter.
2. Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and mix lightly.
3. Pour the mixture immediately to a greased 175 mm. (7") diameter thali and spread evenly by rotating the thali clockwise.
4. Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
6. When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
7. Remove from the flame, add ½ cup of water and mix well.
8. Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly.
9. Cut into pieces, garnish with coriander and serve immediately with green chutney.
- Twitter to Soon Explain Why Certain Tweets Are Unavailable July 20, 2019This is usually due to deleted or protected Tweets, or muted keywords,” Twitter Support posted on Friday. “In a few weeks, you’ll start seeing more co […]
- Citation Building Still Matters for Local SEO and We Have Proof July 19, 2019Your business isn’t appearing when you search for your keywords on Google, and that’s a real bummer. Or, maybe your competitors are simply out-ranking […]
- Water-related keywords top Google search over the last 15 months, finds SEMrush Study July 18, 2019As the reality struck home, Indians turned to Google to understand the gravity of the water crisis, shows the study by online visibility management pl […]
- Should You Worry About Keywords Studios plc's (LON:KWS) CEO Salary Level? July 11, 2019Want to participate in a short research study? Help shape the future of investing tools and you could win a $250 gift card! Andrew Day has been the CE […]
- Verisign’s Top trending keywords in June – Libra, Casino July 9, 2019Verisign released their top 10 trending keywords for June and no surprise, the top spot was Libra. I wrote a couple articles last month on people regi […]