Recipe Link :-
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
In South India, the Kheer and mithai are served at the start of a meal. It is the Curd Rice that comes at the end, as a flavourful and soothing finish to a traditional spread. At the same time, it is also a comforting one-dish meal that is satiating and refreshing, with its cool flavour and homely aroma.
Many people consider Curd Rice to be the best dish to carry along to school, work or travel. Easy to make, this wholesome dish is made by mixing rice with curds and tempering it with mustard and green chillies. Allow the rice to cool slightly before adding the curds, to avoid the curds from splitting.
Plain curd rice can be had accompanied with Lemon Pickle or Mango Pickle .
Preparation Time: 5 mins Cooking Time:15 minute. Makes 4 servings (4 serving)
2 ½ cups fresh curds (dahi)
¾ cup rice (chawal)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
2 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
6 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Wash the rice thoroughly and soak in enough water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep
2. Boil a vesselful of water in a deep non-stick pan. Add 1 tbsp of oil and salt.
3. Cook on amedium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Drain and keep aside.
5. Combine the rice and 2 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mash it lightly using a potato
6. Add the curds and salt, mix well and keep aside.
7. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a small broad non-stick pan add the mustard seeds
and urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
8. Add green chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
9. Add the tempering to the prepared curd-rice mixture and mix well.
10. Add the coriander and mix well.
11. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
- Trump, Abe say U.S. and Japan have agreed in principle on trade deal August 25, 2019(Recasts with quotes from Trump, Abe, Lighthizer; Changes keywords for media clients) By Jeff Mason BIARRITZ, France, Aug 25 (Reuters) - The United St […]
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 is the most 'Android' phone you can buy August 25, 2019The Galaxy Note 10 is a powerhouse productivity machine, and it's the furthest thing from Apple's iPhones. […]
- Advanced PPC Strategies for Your Ecommerce Site August 25, 2019The priority settings will act as a funnel, filtering down more specific keywords via negatives. Below is a table to highlight how the shopping keywor […]
- On narratives about popes and allowing oneself to be surprised August 23, 2019Here’s what makes this interesting: If you run a Google search using the keywords “Pope Francis” and “modernism,” you’ll get more than a half-million […]
- Lifestyle Content On The Rise As More Brands Block Keywords Related To Hard News August 22, 2019Brands are moving away from advertising that appears next to content containing controversy, terrorism and illegal behavior, and toward lifestyle-rela […]