Recipe Link :-
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
In South India, the Kheer and mithai are served at the start of a meal. It is the Curd Rice that comes at the end, as a flavourful and soothing finish to a traditional spread. At the same time, it is also a comforting one-dish meal that is satiating and refreshing, with its cool flavour and homely aroma.
Many people consider Curd Rice to be the best dish to carry along to school, work or travel. Easy to make, this wholesome dish is made by mixing rice with curds and tempering it with mustard and green chillies. Allow the rice to cool slightly before adding the curds, to avoid the curds from splitting.
Plain curd rice can be had accompanied with Lemon Pickle or Mango Pickle .
Preparation Time: 5 mins Cooking Time:15 minute. Makes 4 servings (4 serving)
2 ½ cups fresh curds (dahi)
¾ cup rice (chawal)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
2 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
6 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Wash the rice thoroughly and soak in enough water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep
2. Boil a vesselful of water in a deep non-stick pan. Add 1 tbsp of oil and salt.
3. Cook on amedium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Drain and keep aside.
5. Combine the rice and 2 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mash it lightly using a potato
6. Add the curds and salt, mix well and keep aside.
7. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a small broad non-stick pan add the mustard seeds
and urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
8. Add green chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
9. Add the tempering to the prepared curd-rice mixture and mix well.
10. Add the coriander and mix well.
11. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
- Penn State World Campus Taps Google Cloud to Build Virtual Advising Assistant June 20, 2019A virtual assistant will help academic advisers at the online institution screen student e-mails for certain keywords and phrases, and then automatica […]
- Keywords Studios appoints new Chief Financial Officer June 19, 2019Keywords Studios, technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry, has announced the appointment of Jon Hauck as its new C […]
- Gwent's upcoming Novigrad expansion adds a new faction and keywords June 17, 2019CD Projekt's Witcher-based card game Gwent is getting a new expansion later this month called Novigrad. Named after one of the largest cities in […]
- Game on for new finance chief at Keywords Studios June 17, 2019Keywords Studios has appointed a new chief financial officer after his predecessor at the video games company stepped down for personal reasons. Jon H […]
- Understanding a Searchers Intent: Why Keywords Are Just the Beginning June 17, 2019When selecting keywords for your site, you need to look aat more that simply what terms are used the most. After all, SEO is about more than driving t […]