Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich
Every bite of this sandwich features an outburst of colour, crunch and flavour. An apt combination of juicy sweet corn and crispy spicy capsicum, this sandwich has a very balanced flavour, further enhanced with naturally pungent ingredients like green chillies, onion and garlic. Serve the Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich fresh off the griller with tomato ketchup.You can also try other grilled sandwiches like Cabbage, Carrot and Paneer Grilled Sandwich and Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich .
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes.
Makes 4 sandwiches.
1½ cups boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
½ cup finely chopped capsicum (red , yellow and green)
8 bread slices
1 tbsp butter
¼ cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
Butter for spreading and brushing
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-sick pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the capsicum, sweet corn, salt and black pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside to cool completely.
4. Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface and butter them lightly.
5. Spread a portion of the mixture evenly over it and sandwich it with another bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards.
6. Brush a little butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns crispy and brown from both the sides.
7. Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
8. Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 3 more sandwiches.
9. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
- Fire up your summer with recipes from the season’s new grilling cookbooks June 24, 2019The recipe calls for canned tomatoes but in peak season, we recommend using fresh. Serve this on a big platter, family-style. Ingredients For the pork […]
- These quinoa salad recipes will help you make the ideal summer grain bowl June 24, 2019Toss in tomatoes, bell pepper and corn, and you’re all set ... potatoes and eggs is the breezy dish your summer needs 5 easy recipes that kids will en […]
- Back to his roots: Chef Amante Domingo of The Russell shares his favorite salad recipe June 24, 2019In a blender, add molasses, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; pulse to combine. With the blender top on and the motor running, ste […]
- Recipe: Cooling Mint Lassi June 24, 2019Instructions: In a blender, purée the yogurt, water, cumin, black pepper, salt and mint leaves until smooth ... If you must use Greek, dilute it with […]
- Recipe: Grilled, smoky watermelon goes into a salad with chile pepper, queso fresco, and lime June 24, 2019Put wedges of seedless watermelon on a very hot grill and they’ll pick up a hint of smokiness that works well with the mild heat of an Anaheim pepper […]