Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich
Every bite of this sandwich features an outburst of colour, crunch and flavour. An apt combination of juicy sweet corn and crispy spicy capsicum, this sandwich has a very balanced flavour, further enhanced with naturally pungent ingredients like green chillies, onion and garlic. Serve the Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich fresh off the griller with tomato ketchup.You can also try other grilled sandwiches like Cabbage, Carrot and Paneer Grilled Sandwich and Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich .
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes.
Makes 4 sandwiches.
1½ cups boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
½ cup finely chopped capsicum (red , yellow and green)
8 bread slices
1 tbsp butter
¼ cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
Butter for spreading and brushing
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-sick pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the capsicum, sweet corn, salt and black pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside to cool completely.
4. Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface and butter them lightly.
5. Spread a portion of the mixture evenly over it and sandwich it with another bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards.
6. Brush a little butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns crispy and brown from both the sides.
7. Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
8. Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 3 more sandwiches.
9. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
- Recipe Exchange: Two delicious recipes August 25, 2019and pepper in a small bowl. Once well mixed, pour this dressing over vegetables. Toss well. Garnish with zucchini blossoms, if desired. Refrigerate an […]
- Fix it, and forget it: This slow cooker lemon pepper chicken and veggies recipe is easy to prepare August 24, 2019Excerpted with permission from Fix-It and Forget-It Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes: Quick and Easy Dinners, Casseroles, Soups, Stews, and More! by H […]
- Low Calorie Recipes with Carabba's August 24, 2019Prepare an outdoor grill for direct cooking with medium heat To make the spiedino breadcrumbs, mix the breadcrumbs, parsley, granulated garlic, salt, […]
- The Dish: Chef Anya Fernald shares her signature recipes August 24, 2019Fernald joined "CBS This Morning Saturday" to share a few of her signature recipes. 2 Belcampo bratwurst 2 Belcampo ... avocado oil kosher s […]
- Easy Recipe: Broccoli and fish noodles August 24, 2019In a pan over medium heat, add butter and onions. Sauté until golden brown. ALSO READ: Easy Recipe: Fish in sweet pepper, tamarind and coconut cream A […]