Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Cabbage Manchurian is a scrumptious Chinese starter, in which crisp and spicy deep-fried balls of cabbage and carrots are sautéed with spring onions and a tongue-tickling mix of Oriental sauces. The Manchurian balls have a really exciting mouth-feel, which combines the juicy crunch of the veggies with the pungency of ingredients like ginger and garlic. This is a starter that is guaranteed to fire up your appetite! You can also try other starters like the Chinese Style Fried Capsicum or Chinese Samosa.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
1½ cups finely chopped cabbage
5 tbsp grated carrot
1 tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp ginger (adrak) paste
½ tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
2 tbsp cornflour
Salt to taste
Oil for deep-frying
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
½ tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
1½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
¼ cup chopped spring onions whites and greens
To be mixed into a sauce
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp red chilli sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp vinegar
1 tbsp water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
1. Combine the cabbage, carrot, chilli powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, plain flour, cornflour and salt in a deep bowl and mix very well with your hands.
2. Add approx. 2 tsp of water and mix very well.
3. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
4. Heat the oil for deep-frying, and deep-fry a few balls at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
6. Add the prepared sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
7. Add the cabbage manchurian balls and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while tossing it occasionally.
- How to make sabudana pakoda recipe June 22, 2019But this recipe is not restricted to this fasting days ... Heat oil in a kadai or pan. Make small balls with your hands or using a spoon drop the mixt […]
- Sabrina Gayhour's 'Bazaar' cookbook: Recipes from sweetcorn salad to sumac tomato toast June 21, 2019Carefully lower the balls into the hot oil and fry in batches for 2-3 minutes ... ‘Bazaar: Vibrant Vegetarian and Plant-Based Recipes’ by Sabrina Ghay […]
- 7 Indian Biscuit Recipes to Make and Enjoy June 21, 2019Flatten the balls into patties. Place onto a baking tray and cook for 18 minutes until the edges turn golden brown. Once done, remove from the oven an […]
- The Wysh List: Don't cook with the Blues' recipe June 20, 2019A recipe that includes heaping dollops of "heavy hockey." It was unavoidable during the Stanley Cup Final, and in subsequent conversations i […]
- PASCALE'S KITCHEN: Fancy and fun - Chocolate balls June 20, 2019The end of the school year is the perfect time to try out one of these recipes. You can easily make chocolate balls parve, dairy or vegan, and add an […]