Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Cabbage Manchurian is a scrumptious Chinese starter, in which crisp and spicy deep-fried balls of cabbage and carrots are sautéed with spring onions and a tongue-tickling mix of Oriental sauces. The Manchurian balls have a really exciting mouth-feel, which combines the juicy crunch of the veggies with the pungency of ingredients like ginger and garlic. This is a starter that is guaranteed to fire up your appetite! You can also try other starters like the Chinese Style Fried Capsicum or Chinese Samosa.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
1½ cups finely chopped cabbage
5 tbsp grated carrot
1 tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp ginger (adrak) paste
½ tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
2 tbsp cornflour
Salt to taste
Oil for deep-frying
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
½ tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
1½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
¼ cup chopped spring onions whites and greens
To be mixed into a sauce
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp red chilli sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp vinegar
1 tbsp water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
1. Combine the cabbage, carrot, chilli powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, plain flour, cornflour and salt in a deep bowl and mix very well with your hands.
2. Add approx. 2 tsp of water and mix very well.
3. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
4. Heat the oil for deep-frying, and deep-fry a few balls at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
6. Add the prepared sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
7. Add the cabbage manchurian balls and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while tossing it occasionally.
- Outdoors in Maine: Recipe will help curb bear meat’s bad rap August 24, 2019The recipe follows. Since it has never before been written down ... Mix all of the ingredients (estimated amounts), except the Lipton Onion soup mix, […]
- Recipe Corner: Armenian Lahmajoun August 22, 2019Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll each ball into a thin 7-inch ... For a short-cut version for this recipe, go to: ... […]
- Asian Turkey Meatballs With Chili Sauce is a recipe that sticks August 21, 2019Skewering puts the fun in food, taking ordinary recipes and sticking it to them (pun intended ... together in a large bowl and mix without overmixing. […]
- Here's How To Win Planters Cheez Balls Cheez Powder To Celebrate The Snack's Return August 20, 2019It looks like a mini version of the Cheez Balls container, and it seems like there are plenty of recipe possibilities for the Cheez Powder. Courtesy o […]
- American Goulash is the perfect versatile recipe for families on the go August 20, 2019While we may be dealing with after school practices, and ball games, the following recipe is so quick that a hot meal can be on the table in under an […]