Open Masala Toast,
Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website |
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Open Masala Toast
You would never have imagined that simple bread can be transformed into such a tongue-tickling delight! Buttered bread is layered with raw mango pickle and topped with a yummy mixture of potatoes, green peas and spice powders. This is then tava-cooked till crisp, and served with a garnish of onions and chaat masala. The Open Masala Toast is a peppy delight with the unique flavour of achaar. It can be served as an evening snack with tea, but it is so satiating that you can also have it for breakfast .
Preparation Time: 25 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
Makes 10 open toasts.
To be mixed into a topping
2 cups boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
¼ cup boiled and mashed green peas
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp chilli powder
1½ tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
½ tsp garlic (lehsun) paste, optional
Salt to taste
10 bread slices
2¼ tsp crushed raw mango pickle, refer hand tip
Butter for greasing and cooking
¼ cup finely chopped onions for the garnish
Chaat masala for sprinkling
1. Divide the topping into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
2. Cut all the bread slices into approx. 62 mm. (2½ ") diameter roundels with the help of a cookie cutter.
3. Place 5 bread roundels on a clean, dry surface. Apply ¼ tsp of crushed mango pickle evenly over each bread roundel.
4. Spread a portion of the topping over each roundel and press it lightly.
5. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with butter.
6. Place all the 5 open toasts on the tava (griddle) with the open side facing downwards and cook on a medium flame, using a little butter, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
7. Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 5 more toasts in one more batch.
Serve immediately garnished with little onions and chaat masala over each open toast.
Handy Tip- Discard the outer hard covering of the mango seed which is usually a part of the pickle. Then crush the pickle in a mixer till smooth and use as per the recipe.
- Build your PPC campaigns with this mini campaign builder script for Google Ads June 14, 2019Need to quickly build a campaign or add keywords to an existing one? This script will do the work for you! All you need to do is input a few keywords […]
- Irish game developer Keywords Studios buys Canadian firm Descriptive Video Works June 13, 2019Irish video-game company Keywords Studios has acquired Descriptive Video Works for CAD$3.2m (£1.9m). Descriptive Video Works, which was founded in 200 […]
- Actions speak loud for Keywords as it buys Canadian firm June 12, 2019Keywords Studios, the Dublin-based video games company, has snapped up a Canadian business as it continues its acquisition spree. It has bought Descri […]
- Keywords Studios Snaps Up Canadian Audio Description Firm June 12, 2019(Alliance News) - Video games services firm Keywords Studios PLC on Wednesday said it has bought Descriptive Video Works Inc for CAD3.2 million, or ar […]
- Keywords acquires Canadian audio description firm Descriptive Video Works June 12, 2019Keywords Studios PLC (LON:KWS) has acquired Vancouver-based audio description provider Descriptive Video Works Inc (DVW) from its founder Diane Johnso […]