Open Masala Toast,
Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website |
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Open Masala Toast
You would never have imagined that simple bread can be transformed into such a tongue-tickling delight! Buttered bread is layered with raw mango pickle and topped with a yummy mixture of potatoes, green peas and spice powders. This is then tava-cooked till crisp, and served with a garnish of onions and chaat masala. The Open Masala Toast is a peppy delight with the unique flavour of achaar. It can be served as an evening snack with tea, but it is so satiating that you can also have it for breakfast .
Preparation Time: 25 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
Makes 10 open toasts.
To be mixed into a topping
2 cups boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
¼ cup boiled and mashed green peas
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp chilli powder
1½ tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
½ tsp garlic (lehsun) paste, optional
Salt to taste
10 bread slices
2¼ tsp crushed raw mango pickle, refer hand tip
Butter for greasing and cooking
¼ cup finely chopped onions for the garnish
Chaat masala for sprinkling
1. Divide the topping into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
2. Cut all the bread slices into approx. 62 mm. (2½ ") diameter roundels with the help of a cookie cutter.
3. Place 5 bread roundels on a clean, dry surface. Apply ¼ tsp of crushed mango pickle evenly over each bread roundel.
4. Spread a portion of the topping over each roundel and press it lightly.
5. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with butter.
6. Place all the 5 open toasts on the tava (griddle) with the open side facing downwards and cook on a medium flame, using a little butter, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
7. Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 5 more toasts in one more batch.
Serve immediately garnished with little onions and chaat masala over each open toast.
Handy Tip- Discard the outer hard covering of the mango seed which is usually a part of the pickle. Then crush the pickle in a mixer till smooth and use as per the recipe.
- Florida law enforcement officers to track 'keywords' on social media August 15, 2019Law enforcement officers in Florida will be tracking keywords to monitor your child online. It's a tool that allows them to suspect a threat. The […]
- Social Media Monitoring to look for keywords to stop threats August 15, 2019Florida law enforcement officers, school administrators and state leaders will soon be able to monitor some parts of your child's online activity […]
- Social Media Monitoring Tool to look for keywords to avoid threats in Florida schools August 15, 2019Florida law enforcement officers, school administrators and state leaders will soon be able to monitor some parts of your child's online activity […]
- Trending domain name keywords: text, glasses, insurance, wedding August 14, 2019The top 10 trending keywords registered in .COM and .NET domain names during the month of July 2019 were published by Verisign, the .com and .net regi […]
- How to Find the Right Keywords For Your Content Strategy in 7 Steps August 14, 2019SEO is a crucial component of a successful content strategy. In addition to giving your content all that sweet, sweet organic traffic, it increases yo […]